Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ride Naked ..
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice HD has produced a 105th Anniversery edition , of various model HD's in Gold / black colour once again . i must say are they going to be producing a model every 5 yrs :confused: , seems like a money grab to me . none the less good on em , for making the most of it ..

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
They come up with different reasons for various anniversery editions every year. Last year was the Sportster 50th anniversery I believe?

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
Smack an "anniversary" or "limited" edition tag on just about anything and someone will buy it ...but, let's face it, those are the versions that usually have a more refined package. The same is true in cages as well.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i think it is a great looking bike!!!!! if i had the money i would buy one of the new Electra glide ultras they look awesome. the reason you see so many HD anniversary's is just because of when the bike was introduced to the market. and plus 2008 is the 105th annivarsary for HD in general and it is also for the grand opening of the HD museum in 2008.

P.S. They don't have to create the demand!!! Anymore

the demand just keeps stronger and stronger!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hate the color scheme on the 105th anniversary edition.

I was in the HD dealership looking at one and the saleman asked if I was interested. I jokingly replied, "No, I'm waiting for the 106th annivesary edition." He laughed and said, "It does get a bit ridiculous, doesn't it?"

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I saw some TV footage on the HD Rocker and Rocker C models and they look nice. I think the starting price is around $17,500. My usual problem is I'm too tall to fit most bikes comfortably but I did like the looks of the new Rockers.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I'm not sure if I like the gold and black or not. I haven't seen it in person, doesn't look that great in the pictures. I got my invitation to purchase tickets to the ride and grand opening of the museum, oh yea and the flyer to buy the 105 anniversary leather coat in the mail last week. HD is very good at promoting their products. They have learned that by just changing out a few basic items or paint on a bike they can call it a special edition and create demand. With HD sales down and the used market flooded with low milage used HDs, they have to do something.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
My wife is getting the 2008 CVO Sceaming Eagle Dyna for her Birthday in June and I am getting a V-ROD in the anneversay Black/Copper for Father's day!!!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Yikes!!!

My wife is getting the 2008 CVO Sceaming Eagle Dyna for her Birthday in June and I am getting a V-ROD in the anneversay Black/Copper for Father's day!!!
Looking at your list of bikes. I can barely afford my 900LT and you have 4 allready and 2 more on the way. Both quite expensive down here. I must be doing something wrong.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
kinda cheapens the whole idea of a special anniversary edition if you ask me

·
Registered
22 Posts
The H-D copper and black is probably the most stunning paint ive seen on a factory bike. The copper on those things is beautiful. I had to reel in my tounge looking at them yesterday.;)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
The H-D copper and black is probably the most stunning paint ive seen on a factory bike. The copper on those things is beautiful. I had to reel in my tounge looking at them yesterday.;)
Paint usually looks better in person than in a pic. Any of you going to get the HD 105 year special edition Ford F-150?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Paint usually looks better in person than in a pic. Any of you going to get the HD 105 year special edition Ford F-150?
I'd be more likely to get it than the HD itself! I could stand a new pick-up! :biggrin:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bought my 2006 1500 classic simply for the fact that it was the 10th anniversary model. OK, so not really, I bought it because it was 2007 and they had this one left over for much less money than the 07 models.

·
... at the old, ballgame!
1,061 Posts
I've said this before, in another post:

The only reason corporations exist is to enrich their shareholders. HD is a master of that. If slapping an "anniversary" label on something increases demand or increases the price they can get, that's what they are there to do. It doesn't really have to make sense in any other way (barring false advertising).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts