Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a camera mount for my bike and my search of the WWW is leaving me with more questions than answers. I'm hoping some people have some experience I can tap into and help me I D some potential pitfalls. I don't want something tacky or bulky, I could make that in my garage. I'm liking the R-A-M system so far, has anyone tried it or got any recommendation?
Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any advise. I just wanted to say that's a great question. I frequently wonder if there is a good way of taking videos of rides. How can I find info on the R-A-M system - is there a website I can check out?

Thanks.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
?? What is the RAM thingy?

·
Registered
271 Posts
please post any info you find, this sounds like an interesting idea

thanks
Dave

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alrighty then...Here's the link to the R.A.M. thingy
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-CAMERA
It's got potential because you can interchange different devices, like if I want a drink holder insted of a camera holder just switch adapters, the base stays on. they've got a bunch of adapters.
My only concern is the mounting with U-bolts, check it out and let me know what you think

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but several years ago before the days of video cameras I mounted a super 8 camera to the right highway peg on my chopper. I made an L bracket that held the camera and bolted on to the mounting bolt for the foot peg. I pointed it so you could see the front tire in the frame. It worked good, the footage was real steady.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I built one myself using a set of risers turned upside down on the handle bars and bolted a camera mount directy to the upturned risers. the mount was small and was not an eyesore with the camera removed.
the only problem i experienced with this was a shaky picture at times and every bump in the road was magnified on the camera.a high quality video camera would probably cure most of these problems as mine was a $299 wal-mart special .when mount on bars behind windsheild i got very little wind noise and could hear all the engine quite well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
VCR mount

I made a mount my self and mounted a video camera on it. It was not very sucessfull as the camera shacks around alot which makes for a poor video.

You can get small helment cameras that can plug into your Video camera. The video camera does the recording and you can mount the lens where you want. Do a web search on helment cams. They are about US $ 250.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
cams

DrewBoy has a good point. helmet cams have been in use for a long time, you can probably find a decent setup that way. it just might not be what your looking for. i know, for me, on a cruiser i would prefer something on the bike, but its something to consider. let us know what you do, definitely sounds like a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts