Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i recently bought a 2000' KX125. im having a few issues with it and im not sure what direction to take. I am a mechanic by trade but am new to bikes so a little help is much aprreciated :) ok first when i start the bike (after its warmed up) and let it idle it kinda dies... i figured out how to change the idle but the problem is when the bike is in neutral OR in gear and i pull the clutch handle the bike idle drops dramatically and the bike dies. i have replaced and adjusted the clutch cable out as much as possible so the clutch is not grabbing but not sure what to do next. secondly when im riding and i go from "no throttle - full throttle" the bike acts like it wants to die very badly for about 10-15 feet then picks up and runs decent.. any ideas? thanks in advance!

anthony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sucking trans.. and trans fluid was dirty but is clean now but didnt affect problem.. does not smoke excessivly.. actually im not sure if it smokes enough..

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The bog when you pin the gas is due to improper air screw adjustment. Adjust at 1/8 turns and test until you get good throttle response. The clutch problem is kind of odd,:confused:

·
Registered
895 Posts
The only thing I could think of with the clutch would be the gear oil being to thick causing the plates to stick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just changed the fluid a few days ago.. maybe hasn't cleaned the clutch paks enough yet? could clutch be bad? it still grabs well.. pulls wheel of ground easy... I was told that the billet aluminum clutch basket doesn't wear and will never need replaced... is this true? thanks

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The thing that screws me up is that the rpm's drop when you pull in the clutch even when you are in neutral, and not shifting. ????

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
How loose is your clutch lever? Is there just enough play to put a nickel edge between the lever and perch?

Have you jetted the bike properly? Though 1.5 turns out is a good normal setting, that may not be what your bike needs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am still trying to figure out the jetting.. i may just pay someone to make it "right" and teach me a thing or two..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i found out that the reason it was not running right is because my ring/piston are worn and im only making good compression at high RPM's.. makes sense. ordered parts.. hopefully they come soon..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just changed the fluid a few days ago.. maybe hasn't cleaned the clutch paks enough yet? could clutch be bad? it still grabs well.. pulls wheel of ground easy... I was told that the billet aluminum clutch basket doesn't wear and will never need replaced... is this true? thanks
Make sure when you change the fluid, you do it after the bike is warmed up. This way here the gunk isn't settled down on your parts.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Umm i think he may have already done it seem as the last post was a week ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i have been changing it warm.. im about to change it again since it was very dirty the first time.. just to "clean it out"...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts