Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I need to replace the chain on my 500, but I don't know what size is needed. I bought the bike used and my little monster didn't come with an owner's manual and I can't find any info on the current chain. Or can anyone tell me how to measure the chain so I can go get this done?

Thanks in advance for all your input!

·
Gimme more twisties
1,090 Posts
Need to know the model please ?

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
A 520 with around 120 links, these need to have links removed to get the right length, then have the ends connected with a master link. Usually included in the box with the chain. Different chain types are available, meaning how the links are connected to each other. A solid chain would require alot of work to install it. Is your chain stretched, worn, or just need adjustment?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 520 with around 120 links, these need to have links removed to get the right length, then have the ends connected with a master link. Usually included in the box with the chain. Different chain types are available, meaning how the links are connected to each other. A solid chain would require alot of work to install it. Is your chain stretched, worn, or just need adjustment?
It's stretched and back as far as it will go. I'm just trying to make sure my little monster is in tip top riding maintenance as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts