Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Have you ever....

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  danapointlocal 
#1 ·
Have you ever used the tool kit that comes with your bike? I think I opened mine once, but I have never used anything in it. Do you still have your tool kit even on your bike? Just curious as to if it's even useful.

#6 ·
Emergency use

They are primarily for emergency use...like when you are out on the highway and you foul a plug...or you find a loose fairing screw, or worse yet...you run over something and you actually knock the rear wheel out of alignment...because it wasn't torqued right! Been there...right after I had a new set of tires put on and hit a piece of semi-tire...I was happy to be able to even use the tools, when I finally quit shaking...

#9 ·
I think I looked at it breifly maybe once or twice, but I just used regular tools to do any maintainance. I was told the tool kit can do most anything, but it's hard to believe since it's so small.

#10 ·
I'm not a sportbiker, cruisers are more my speed, but calling the toolkit small doesn't necessarily make it useless. MacGuiver found plenty of uses for his Swiss Army Knife and a roll of duct tape :D

#11 ·
spok said:
I'm not a sportbiker, cruisers are more my speed, but calling the toolkit small doesn't necessarily make it useless. MacGuiver found plenty of uses for his Swiss Army Knife and a roll of duct tape :D
LOL! Yeah him and the A-Team! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.