Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, first off i would like to say hi to everyone. Now to the main objective. ABout a couple weeks ago i went up the hills and i was riding around in my 6r and i started gettin a little more ballsy and started to lean. I finally leaned and hit my knee on the floor WITH NO KNEEPADS.. so therefor it hurt a lot and i low sided the bike. anyways i fixed the couple things that got broken(coil cover, fairing). about 3 days ago i took the bike out and started to wheelie with the clutch. I did it about 2 times and then something happened to the bike. I redline at 14k. When it hits around 11k it stays there for a very long time.. It would eventually move up but it would take about 10 seconds just from 11-14k(power band region). So i parked it and let it sit. Today i went to go and ride and the bike started , with the choke. I let it warm up a little and as soon as i got out of the ally and gave it a little throttle it started to choke on. Eventually i gave a lot of throttle and it died on me. So my only choice was to ride the bike on the choke. Even when its in neutral and i give it some throttle it dies. Anyone know what this could be caused by or any opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you say you replaced your Coil Cover do you mean the Pulser coil Cover on the right hand side of the Engine??

If yes there could be a problem with the Pick up if it got damaged, make sure there is an air gap between the Pick up plate and the Coil, They are not adjustable but can easily get bent in an accident.

Another cause could be your Carbs.

Will the bike red line when not under load ??

It take it the bike red lined before the Wheelies were popped ???

Sound like something has got disturbed, You need to have the tank off and start with a thorough look..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a little more info

whent he coil cover(pulse) broke it took a little bit of the block with it as well. the screws that were screwed onto the cover into the block had broken off and one of them took a piece of the block as well. i did fix this problem(very funny, i JB Welded it) and it seemed to have work now you might be right there might be a little air gap but not sure. When i try to rev it, it wont redline. The only way i can get it to do that is if i open up the tank, open the air box and carb clean it while i rev it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like Fuel starvation..
I would suggest working back from the Tank to make sure there are no blockages etc in the Fuel system.

I would Check...

Fuel tap.
Fuel pipes Main and Reserve from Tank.
Disconnect the Fuel pipe at the fuel tap that feeds the filter switch on the tap and check for flow on main and reserve.(Catch the fuel that will come out).
Fuel pipe from tank to Filter.
Fuel Filter is not blocked.
When you are running the motor trying to red line place your hand on the fuel pump it should be pulsing quite quickly to feed the demand for fuel.
Make sure non of the vac pipes have come off.

You may need to strip the carbs to make sure all is well inside and set the float heights as incorrectly set they can cause loss of power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do

tomm i will go and try everything you just mentioned, i hope that something will come up that i can see. I do tink its a fuel problem though. Just trying to think of what can cause it after wheelies or high rev and slippage with clutch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replace your spark plugs, and you wont have that problem. Same exact thing happened to me (i was wearing knee pads), and come to find out, it was just a spark plug that went foul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts