Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now ya gotta admit...............the HD Christmas commercial(s) are pretty cool. LOL black sled pulled by black harleys.......big black evil lookin santa..kicks the black packages under the tree.........throws some chrome down.........has a bite of the raw meat off the bone before tossing it to the black doberman............and leaves 2 strips of fire on the ground as the sled takes off. cool take on the season no matter what brand you're hawkin. i some times think that commercials are better than the shows we watch.

:biggrin: MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL !!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I love that commercial! I want that Santa to drop my packages off! I think ya gotta leave some Jack Daniels and Hot Wings instead of Milk n Cookies for him to show up! LOL

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Sounds like a cool commercial ... will watch for it, Relli ... thanks

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
YouTube - Harley Santa For Naughty Kids

Like you had to ask. EVERYTHING is on youtube. Even you CheriAnn. That's right. Every computer since 1993 has had an internal camera installed, it goes with the V chip program and was put there to keep an eye out on what people were watching on their computers. It's basically a Tipper and Al Gore thing.

Well, now every time you go on Youtube, the camera activates and monitors what your reactions are to what you are watching. This information is then fed to marketers to help them target their next add campaigns.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go delete a bunch of advertisements from the Adam and Steve catalog. I have no idea why I keep getting those.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yes, I was going to work in that monkey photo spoof but I couldn't find the link. If you hadn't seen it before. You get an email that tells you about the secret camera and that if you just hold still and click on the button, the camera will take your photo. Then after a couple seconds of developing a picture of a monkey, baboon or oranagatan pops up on the screen. It would have been pretty cute here. But I smeared people with my homophobia instead, shame on me. Sorry bout that.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Yes, I was going to work in that monkey photo spoof but I couldn't find the link. If you hadn't seen it before. You get an email that tells you about the secret camera and that if you just hold still and click on the button, the camera will take your photo. Then after a couple seconds of developing a picture of a monkey, baboon or oranagatan pops up on the screen. It would have been pretty cute here. But I smeared people with my homophobia instead, shame on me. Sorry bout that.
:lol:
I'm glad you didn't scare me with the secret camera link!!!! 8)

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
HD is #1 when it comes to PR and marketing, but I had the same thought as SD Willie - there was an oil leak and the overheated engine caught it on fire.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That commercial will not sell one bike... but, about 1,000,000 T-shirts are hitting the shopping bags.. after all the husbands said.." that was soooo kewl"

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
They don't have bikes to sell, those are already sold. So, it does what it was intended to do, sell t-shirts. So, yes, in effect it's a Calvin Klein commercial.

And a darned effective one at that.

Hey, I like part of that Harley Image commercial. Well, on the surface. Then it gets around to 'All of us believe in stickin it to the man' Really, oh yea, I'm 'The Man'. Well not really but I am to some. There are parts of that creed commercial that I don't like, but I tend to just gloss over it as it really looks just like any ride that I've gone too. I'll leave my house and somewhere along the way I'll come up to another guy heading the same way, and fall into staggered formation. Pretty soon there'll be 4 or 5 of us. My local club meets up at a set location, then we ride in from there. And then there are 100's if not thousands of us riding along. Later in the day we'll take off, people peeling off every once in a while and pretty soon, it will just be me on my way home.
And essentially, that's the Harley Creed commercial.
YouTube - The Harley creed

·
Registered
762 Posts
They don't have bikes to sell, those are already sold.
That might have been true 2 years ago, or perhaps even earlier this year, but not anymore. Harley purposefully and admittedly tries to keep production below demand to keep retail prices up, but due to a severe slowdown in sales this summer they could not cut production fast enough. They are still trying to keep supply limited, but with limited success in many markets.

THird quarter revenue down 6%, earnings down 11%. Nothing wrong with Harley's product, but nowhere near as many people can take 20K out of their home equity to buy motorcycles that they can't afford anymore. That ship has now sailed.

Don't get me wrong; Harley is not in trouble, especially given the growth in their international business which will be helped by the weak dollar. However, I think that the days when they can limit production to below demand and still grow their business are numbered. They will need to keep the factory loaded to keep the union happy and grow to keep the stockholders happy. They will in fact have to SELL motorcycles in the future, rather than explain why you have to wait for 4 months before they will do you the favor of accepting the title to your house and your firstborn in exchange for the privilige of owning one.

In terms of the comercial... I agree that it will sell a LOT of Tshirts and other harley stuff. Heck, you can even buy your harley stuff at Target.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts