Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Nope, they won't work. I know they are a lot less expensive but they use a three wire setup for ignition instead of the two wire that the 800 coils use, as they are single fire.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I recently purchased a book "How-To: Advanced Custom Motorcycle Wiring" Custom Builder Series.

On page 61 it shows the difference in the single and dual fire coil wiring.

The single fire coils has three terminals: The far left has a GREEN wire from the trigger plate, the middle terminal has a PURPLE/VIOLET wire, again from the trigger plate, and the far right terminal has a YELLOW wire going to the ignition switch(possible a 12 volts switched source).

The dual fire ignition coil has two teminals: the far left has a PURPLE/VIOLET wire from the trigger plate and the far right terminal has a YELLOW wire from the ignition switch.

I suppose if the HD coil is compatable in OHMS, it would work in your situation. Have your looked at Dyna,Accel,MSD, or Mallory for coils?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.