Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm putting the head back on my GPZ1100 and I'm real confused. Seems to me there SHOULD be some o-rings at the corner bolts, because thats where the oil pressure feeds the head, right?

All thats there is the gasket and the o-ring for the center cavity where the chain goes.

Am I missing something here or am I worrying too much?

Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
71 Posts
I´m not 100% sure either, but I have the buykawasaki parts diagrams for both the 82 (B2) and 83 (A1) GPz. The 82 has the o-rings (4 pcs.), but they´re not shown in the ´83 diagram nor are they mentioned in the parts list.

It might be a mistake though, I´ve found errors in the diagrams before, so I´d wait for someone who knows for sure to chime in before you button it up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy at least a top end kit for this thing.. are the Vesrah gasket kits any good? Money is definatley a concern here...

And the '83 KZ1100 gasket kit is the same right?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I´ve been using Vesrah gaskets (or homecut) consistently on all my bikes for close to 20 years, never had any problems.

Can´t say if the KZ1100 kit is the same though, we never had the KZ1100 over here, so I have no info on it, sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.