Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 months ago when I go my new VN900 I changed the headlamp bulb for one of the new Philips Motovision bulbs. Motorcycle Dealers In The UK. At about £14 not cheap and I cant say I was that impressed. Last night whilst riding home at midnight (when else) the low beam failed. I try to use my bike every day so I don't know if this is a reasonable life or not. On my previous bike I fitted a PIAA anti vibration bulb, at £38 very expensive and once again I was not that impressed PIAA POWERSPORT BULBS. So what to use this time, well I did some hunting around on the net and found that some bikers had used these to good effect. Phillips extreme power, said by one car magazine to be the best accessory invented for the car. As you can see by the link I found a site selling them in packs of two for a very good price £19.99. Philips X-Treme Power H4 from Car Bulbs Direct | Free Worldwide Shipping. I have ordered some so will see what happens.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
If the Philips dose not work out, check out these head light. 9003 SilverStar Headlight
High Performance Halogen Headlight - Dual filament for both high beam and low beam - part number: 9003ST
This is what I am using in my VN900.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
I have the phillips H4 in my headlight.
not that exact model as i wanted one with a blue tint.
it only has the blue tint at high beam though :(

i got it from
eBay My World - powerbulbsdirect

they have a regular shop online, but their eBay shop sells the same stuff for half the price AND you get a feww double pack of sidelight bulbs too! (well ya did when i bought mine a month or two ago)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The SilverStar has had numerous complaints about it's short lifespan. Silvania then made a longer lasting bulb but it still doesn't meet up with the rest.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the phillips H4 in my headlight.
not that exact model as i wanted one with a blue tint.
it only has the blue tint at high beam though :(

i got it from
eBay My World - powerbulbsdirect

they have a regular shop online, but their eBay shop sells the same stuff for half the price AND you get a feww double pack of sidelight bulbs too! (well ya did when i bought mine a month or two ago)
Steve have you got the extreme power ones? Mine are also coming with two free side lights all at £19.99. Bikes of Brighton just had the double pack of headlamp bulbs at £39.99, just a small mark up then!

·
900 Custom Newbie
128 Posts
I ordered a set of the Philips Xtreme Power for my FJ and night and day difference. They included a lower grade Philips extra which happens to fit my V9C as well. I might make another order from them. Sure it took about 3 weeks to get them to my door but they also included a set of interior 5w blue marker lights and the extra philips H4 bulb. Total was 22.50 pounds. It was in February of this year and came to about $38 Canadian. You can't even get Silverstars that cheap here!

I'd definitely order from them again. - I just checked the site and they're 19 pounds with free shipping. Not sure how they make money. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered a set of the Philips Xtreme Power for my FJ and night and day difference. They included a lower grade Philips extra which happens to fit my V9C as well. I might make another order from them. Sure it took about 3 weeks to get them to my door but they also included a set of interior 5w blue marker lights and the extra philips H4 bulb. Total was 22.50 pounds. It was in February of this year and came to about $38 Canadian. You can't even get Silverstars that cheap here!

I'd definitely order from them again. - I just checked the site and they're 19 pounds with free shipping. Not sure how they make money. :)
Has I stated earlier in my local bike shop just a pair of the H4's were £39.99 so there must be a huge mark up on them. I do wonder if where I got mine from have a connection to Philips since I got directed there from the Philips site.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Has I stated earlier the site I got the bulbs from were £20 cheaper than my local bike store, included free shipping worldwide and they also supplied free of charge 2 ultra white light side/city lights. I ordered them at 1am Friday morning and they arrived Saturday morning, so far very good. The H4 bulb is smaller than other H4's and fitted nicely as did the new side light bulb. It was a very sunny day today but even so the headlamp looked bright. However tonight, wow, a very bright white light with a much longer reach than any other bulb I have used. Very impressed the best bulb I have had so far 10/10

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I've had headlamps fail in 3 months, or last for 18 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts