Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Veteran-rookie
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM PUTTING MY MOTOR BACK TOGETHER, DIDNT MARK MY CAM PLEASE HELP 1 AND FOUR ARE IN TDC, EXHAUST CAM TDC ARROW IS POINTING STRAIGHT UP, SECONDARY ARROW IS POINTED FORWARD TOWARDS HEAD FLANGE, DO I COUNT BCAK 33 PINS FROM THE SECONDARY ARROW OR TDC ARROW? AND TO WHICH ARROW ON THE INLET CAM DO I SET THE 33RD PIN, TDC ARROW OR SECONDARY ARROW? PLEASE HELP, (FIRST BUILD) OH BY THE WAY ITS A 76 KZ650

·
Registered
522 Posts
Dredging into the murk again but i'm sure you should be using the two 'T' marks
and counting 0 -> 36 pins, hope i'm remembering right, it's been a while :|

·
Registered
359 Posts
IM PUTTING MY MOTOR BACK TOGETHER, DIDNT MARK MY CAM PLEASE HELP 1 AND FOUR ARE IN TDC, EXHAUST CAM TDC ARROW IS POINTING STRAIGHT UP, SECONDARY ARROW IS POINTED FORWARD TOWARDS HEAD FLANGE, DO I COUNT BCAK 33 PINS FROM THE SECONDARY ARROW OR TDC ARROW? AND TO WHICH ARROW ON THE INLET CAM DO I SET THE 33RD PIN, TDC ARROW OR SECONDARY ARROW? PLEASE HELP, (FIRST BUILD) OH BY THE WAY ITS A 76 KZ650
DON'T FREAK OUT!
Whew, OK. If you have a reasonable manual, it will show a picture of how the cams should be oriented and then how many links in the chain between the two. Just be carefull and make sure it is like the drawing. It's not that bad but be carefull if you make a mistake it could be costly...:tongue:

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Man where you been? :shock:
Zoro has been worried sick and was thinking about sending out the posse to see what happened to you.
:lol: I went down to my brothers to do some remodeling work on his house and to do some fishing while I was there. That lake down there and the fish in it tried to kidnap me. I narrowly escaped after filleting several hundred fish. :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts