Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post and say hello, I just put my z1 powered chopper back on the road and couldnt have done it without the info I found while lurking here on the forums... heres a few pics, what do you guys think?

I picked it up after someone else tried to bring it back to life (sat unused for years) and caught it on fire. I think he had the coils wired wrong, turing the carbs into flamthrowers. I painted almost everything, all new wiring and cables... the pretty much the works. still have exhaust in the process, the valves need adjustment, going to do some graphics on the bodywork, ect ect. but it lives.

after stripping down...

coming together..

as it sits now

·
see ya Thursday
279 Posts
Looks pretty good don't care to much for the color of the seat, but it's not mine so all is good, that things got to be loud good job bring it back to life

·
Registered
644 Posts
Congrats on all the work you put in on saving that bike. I hope that you have a lot of fun riding it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi there! Good job on bringing that bike back to life. That bike must make your ears bleed. What kind of frame is that? Did you have to mod the frame to make the kz1000 fit? Enjoy riding it!

Matt-

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I was thinkin some custom made pipes with each individual one bent to line up in a cool lookin row on one side would be neat on that thing. you see it all the time on harley based choppers, so why cant an I4 have it right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there! Good job on bringing that bike back to life. That bike must make your ears bleed. What kind of frame is that? Did you have to mod the frame to make the kz1000 fit? Enjoy riding it!

Matt-

thanks everyone. The frame is a custom built deal built by someone in texas back in 81, it was built to use the motor thats in it. The bike is on the loud side, but not as loud as youd think. I'm currently looking for some kind of muffler to put on it after the exhaust gets extended towards the back of the bike. The seat is only a temp. thing, thats just some material i had layin around the garage from a few projects back, its gonna be plain black when the graphics go on the tank and fenders, theyll be the same charcoal/gunmetal color thats on the wheels and stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts