Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Back from DMV! Two hours from arrival to departure... aced both the MC permit test and the driving test they had me re-take (which you have to take if you haven' taken it in the previous 12 mos). So permit is in hand, now just waiting for the certificate to arrive. They said when it does, just bring it to the testing counter, no appt or waiting in line needed. Cool.

Now it's supposed to rain tonight, tomorrow, and into Wednesday. Figures.

Rob

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated RobG. As a newbie who is waiting for the weather to warm up a bit here in NC I am itching to take the MSF and get my first bike. I like the ER6N a lot but I'll probably get a cruiser as my first bike (VN 500.) I like your bike and the Versys but the seat heights are a bit much for me and my 29" inseam right now.

Looking forward to more posts as you get used to the bike. Thanks again and I hope you're having fun.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Gatton:

I too have a 29" inseam. The ER-6n fits me perfectly! Well, nearly perfectly. I'm a half inch away from being able to flat-foot both feet when sitting on it. I'm 5'8 and 165 lbs (probably 175-180 with my gear on), so if you're that or heavier, you should be fine.

I've finally been able to go for a few short rides. I rode around the neighborhood on Wednesday for an hour, just kinda getting used to the bike. Then today, I rode it down to the dealer to pick up some pants I had ordered (which ended up being a size too small). That was a fun trip. I almost dropped it pulling into the Office Depot parking lot, but managed to save it. Thank God. My sliders don't arrive til Monday.

Tomorrow, I'm heading up the coast from here (Torrance) to Santa Monica. I'll hit the twisties in Rancho Palos Verdes along the way, and depending on my mood when I'm up there, I may take a mountain road or two, or jump on Sunset and take it in towards Hollywood. I'm new to the area, so it'll be fun to explore on nimble transportation.

Rob

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Hi Rob! Looks like you're moving right along. :) I have not been on the forum at all for about a week and not much at all for the past couple so I'ml looking forward to going back now and catching up on what everyone has been up to - hope things are going great with the new bike!

· The Bassman Rocketh
25,239 Posts
Hi Rob! Looks like you're moving right along. :) I have not been on the forum at all for about a week and not much at all for the past couple so I'ml looking forward to going back now and catching up on what everyone has been up to - hope things are going great with the new bike!
Welcome back, Nancy - we missed ya!

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Welcome back, Nancy - we missed ya!
Thanks Mike - I've missed everyone too!!! :grouphug:

Sorry to take your thread Rob - so are you LOVING IT now that you're riding?!?! And I think the last time I posted I withheld Congrats on the purchase so as not to jinx it, soooooooo - CONGRATS ON THE NEW PURCHASE!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks BB!!

Yep I'm absolutely loving it! I've ridden to work two days in a row now. I have to head out in about an hour to run to DMV (I have an appt) so I can turn in my certificate and get my actual license. Then it's back to work. Tonight will be my first ride in the dark. Not a big deal; I have a yellow reflective safety vest, a helmet with a red flashing LED light, and a bicycle light (red LED) for my backpack. Plus it'll be surface streets and late, after traffic.

But yep... this is great!

Rob

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Thanks BB!!

Yep I'm absolutely loving it! I've ridden to work two days in a row now. I have to head out in about an hour to run to DMV (I have an appt) so I can turn in my certificate and get my actual license. Then it's back to work. Tonight will be my first ride in the dark. Not a big deal; I have a yellow reflective safety vest, a helmet with a red flashing LED light, and a bicycle light (red LED) for my backpack. Plus it'll be surface streets and late, after traffic.

But yep... this is great!

Rob
Something about getting that "M" on your license - I couldn't wait either! LOL I have only done one VERY short night ride but plan on giving it a shot as soon as it's not so cold at night, so definitely let me know how it goes. :) Being new at it is such a rush, isn't it?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
T Minus 45 minutes and I'm outta here. So it'll be fun to see how the night ride goes! I'll report back.

In other news, I did finally get my "M" today. I have CA's "paper" license which acts as my real one until my real laminated one with photo arrives in the mail in about two weeks. So no more trips to DMV.

Rob

· KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Welcome to the riding world Rob!
I didn't take the MSF class - wish I had tho - been riding for a year, put 5k miles on my bike last summer, but I had to learn everything the hard way. (Riding in a thunderstorm home from work = no fun.) Still don't have that "M" on my license. Maybe this summer. I've been on group rides too... it greatly depends on the people you ride with. Some of the guys I rode with were from this forum - I lucked out - they were a great bunch!

Have fun and be safe!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.