Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 W800
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Recently picked up my third Kawasaki. Figure I'd join this forum. Started on a 76' KZ400 (really helped me learn about carbs!) then moved to a VN750 (which was a figurative and literal pain in the ass), moved onto a couple of Guzzi's and now I'm back to Kawasaki.

Really loving the W so far. It's not perfect but nothing is. Getting ready to do my first service and look forward to racking up some miles.

See you around!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Window Building

·
Registered
2021 W800
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a really classic and great looking bike! Two up, it must be very comfortable with that huge seat. Great forum here. I myself have learned and received much help. ;)
Thanks! I have some bits and pieces to update but I am very happy so far. A motorcycle that just goes

Welcome to the forums aproud1. We forgive you for temporarily staying to the dark side... joking. I actually like Guzzi's and used to race against some very fast 850 Le Mans Guzzis at Loudon, NH.
Thanks! Love the local Guzzi dealer and really like the bikes but they don't have anything at the moment I want. I will likely still use that dealer for tires and stuff.

·
Registered
2021 W800
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's great to patronize good dealerships/motorcycle shops. I don't mind paying a little extra for stuff they have right there in stock, or even if they have to take a few days to get it, you don't pay the shipping costs, and they are in business when you need them. Especially when they can get O.E.M parts. ;)
The wife and I try to do that with any place we like as much as possible. A little extra work and sometimes extra $$$ but most places try to be as fair as they can.

·
Registered
2021 W800
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My old Bultaco bikes had "ticklers" on the Amal carbs. Ticklers were Bultaco's answer to a choke. You pushed the tickler button down, until the float bowls overflowed and gas spills out of the carb. Then the bike would be ready for a kick-start. Crude, but it worked.
Dang. Sounds exciting. But whatever works. Had a similar situation on an old lawn mower but not by design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts