Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would invest in a new spark plug cap, trim 1/4" off the spark plug wire and thread the new cap on.
You don't want to be left stranded out in the wilderness.
ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dZfvAlUT0 I'll be doing this. The screw on backside of boot needs a new hole, so I guess I'll just screw it in and put the new boot cover over it (not the boot, but the other boot!) after I cut about 1/4". I ended up buying a retainer wire spring to puncture through the wire, but after watching the video, think I can just screw it into the wire from top straight down. But since I have a thread, is there an OEM part I could screw it in rather than screwing it into the wire like the video shows? I'm fire with it, but if I am going to do it, want to do best practice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Any really good videos of step by step on taking out carburetor on 1975 KE 175 (or 1975 F7 175)?
This is about as good as I have found, but no step by step. Anybody care to post some pics to detail step by step, and perhaps step by step carb clean. I've cleaned one before, probably should do it, but just want to get it running first! Had it running for 2 minutes today. Needed revv, but didn't hold and then wouldn't start again, and I am running low on fuel....VP fuel can coming today! One thing at a time!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok tried removing a post. Wouldn't let me. What a perfect spot for Wonder Woman and her Kawasaki! KE 175

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is what the injector oil tank looks like on your bike.
Cool. Confirmed. Got injected, no premix. I'll go to dealership and ask what they recommend by OEM. I'd like to go full synthetic at least try. Might not be best option. I see weep at the site glass! Slow, but will fix that in time too. Always something I see :). Thank you very much for your kind help. This is exciting, as exciting as it was for some kid in the 70s and first bike! I just cant get it going yet!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Any really good videos of step by step on taking out carburetor on 1975 KE 175 (or 1975 F7 175)?
This is about as good as I have found, but no step by step. Anybody care to post some pics to detail step by step, and perhaps step by step carb clean. I've cleaned one before, probably should do it, but just want to get it running first! Had it running for 2 minutes today. Needed revv, but didn't hold and then wouldn't start again, and I am running low on fuel....VP fuel can coming today! One thing at a time!
Here's a vid for a 1971 F7 (175). Not sure if it's the same carb or not, but decent instructional to consider, step by step. Basic rebuild kit. I figure if I take mine out to clean it, I might as well start over? What do you guys think? No brainer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yah the backside of the spark plug boot came off, I tried to put it on best I can, never had to do that before! It's a brand new spark plug. Just was hanging there when I undid spark plug this morning. I guess I need to check for spark.
I bought a 4 pack of NGK and I am curious if there is any recommended GAPPING for Kawasaki KE 175 (1975) or a 1975 F7 175? Got the gap or am I good out of the box and where would I find this info so I can add to my records?
4 Pack NGK Standard Spark Plugs 2129 B7HS-10 2129 B7HS10 Tune Up Kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get a Clymer manual. They're not expensive and has all the specs you'll need. It's not a shop manual but it will help you. Look on YouTube for instructions video. For parts, eBay. Also check out cmsnl.com. I found lots of parts I needed for my 1974 F9

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Get a Clymer manual. They're not expensive and has all the specs you'll need. It's not a shop manual but it will help you. Look on YouTube for instructions video. For parts, eBay. Also check out cmsnl.com. I found lots of parts I needed for my 1974 F9
Thanks Phil. I got a Kawasaki shop manual coming from ebay. Been watching lots of youtube vids, trying to library it, least the good ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Phil. I got a Kawasaki shop manual coming from ebay. Been watching lots of youtube vids, trying to library it, least the good ones.
They're not hard to work on. You just need the right tools (torque wrench and such). Check out Junk man's adventures on YouTube. That's where I got my guidance on my F9 restore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
that's a nice bike! love the color and style! I had to call in the cavalry. Taking it to my mechanic tomorrow. Have to load it up, but it's for the better, to get it dialed in. I may have fouled spark plug but regardless needs to be dialed in, like a dumbass I took the fuel screw and well everything apart....I tried. But still same issue as before I even touched it it seems. Could be spark. I got fresh gas tonight, really thought it would fire. it worked 1 week ago! So should not be anything major or surprising, just needs well someone that knows what they are doing to do it right, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's a nice bike! love the color and style! I had to call in the cavalry. Taking it to my mechanic tomorrow. Have to load it up, but it's for the better, to get it dialed in. I may have fouled spark plug but regardless needs to be dialed in, like a dumbass I took the fuel screw and well everything apart....I tried. But still same issue as before I even touched it it seems. Could be spark. I got fresh gas tonight, really thought it would fire. it worked 1 week ago! So should not be anything major or surprising, just needs well someone that knows what they are doing to do it right, right?
Absolutely. I've been fortunate to have a very knowledgeable mechanic near by to do the engine rebuild on this bike. Sometimes you just need to let the pros take over 😉

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What is this nipple looking thing? I got truck loaded in back of truck, no drip on truck bed, but when I touch that "port" it is fuel. Smells like fuel when I get up next to bike. I just don't know what that is, what it does, and parts manual is like a day away. What is that? Should it have a line on it? Pardon my ignorance, just want to point it out ot mechanic and have a clue what it is, as it could be source of problem. I don't know! I bet vice grip garage could get it running!

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts