Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My name is Luther and I currently live in San Antonio, TX. I work at Lackland AFB as an MTI ( if you know what that is without looking it up well, yea ). I am picking up my first bike in a couple weeks after I take the MSF course on the 14/15th of Nov.

I rode dirt bikes as a teenager then life happens and ive been in family vehicles since. Well, now the money is good enough for me to finally get a motorcycle. I know the reason to buy used but I refuse to buy a few things used. Underwear, toothbrush, vehicles, and electronics.

So I am picking up a black 2010 Ninja 650r on the 16th after I get my M endorsement after the MSF course. I plan to use it for commuting to and from work and then for some play when I get the time to.

Anyway, just dropping a line to say hi and hows it going.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Ive been drooling over bikes over at Alamy Cycle Plex here in SA for a couple months now. I sat down with a guy and talked about everything from my height, weight, what i plan on using the bike for, looks, etc etc. Finally he suggested the 650r. I started picking up my safety gear this week as well. Grabbed a jacket on tuesday and going for my helmet and gloves today. Ill pick up my pants and boots when i get paid on the 15th.

Just paid for the MSF course as well. Two weeks and ill be riding. Im excited.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,540 Posts
who's MSF are you taking. My wife and i took the one they teach in the Graham Central Station parking lot...cant remember the name

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who's MSF are you taking. My wife and i took the one they teach in the Graham Central Station parking lot...cant remember the name
http://www.themotorcycleschool.com/

Taking mine through them. My schedule is pretty hectic and the earliest i could sign up was for the 14/15 Nov class.

Haha. Atleast he knows what an MTI is!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,540 Posts

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,018 Posts
What's a MTI? Just kidding (I'm ex AF and still work on a base).

Welcome. There's lots of great info on this site and the people aren't half bad :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.