Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I’m just signing on to this forum for the first time. I am looking forward to reading a bunch of posts and hopefully finding any of that lost information that will help me with the care and maintenance of my newly acquired 1982 (got out of the Army that year) Kawasaki KZ 250 L1, CSR custom bobber. It is a pretty cool little bike, I would post a picture or four but Idon’t see an option yet. The bike has a bobbed rear end running a mono shock and the stock belt drive on a stock spoked wheel wearing a Shinko white wall and no fender. The top part of rear frame has been removed as you will see shortly. Up front, pretty much stock I believe, running a spoked drum brake wheel shod in another Shinko, but a black wall and the fender delete option has been utilized. It is running a black leather solo seat, custom exhaust and currently a cheap aftermarket pleated aluminum open breather. It has LED turn signals, a bobber tail light mounted on the right side. She has 9292 miles on her odometer and is, running very well, right now.
What’s cool about this bike, kind of everything really, you will have to check out the pics. I bought it at the flea market at the AMA Vintage races in Ohio, of course was only looking for a Cadillac tail light for my Indian bobber and I came upon it. It was the last day of races and I had not brought my trailer so I had to go to West Virginia to pick her up.
I am really enjoying wrenching on this bike, nice and pretty simple, one carb, one cylinder, drum brakes, very simple compared to my other bike.
Well I will post this and hopefully post some pics today.
Later

·
Registered
986 Posts
Welcome to this forum. Lots of great, and willing to help people here. I don't see the pics, look for the "paper clip" Icon at the bottom of the posting box, it depends if our are loading from your computer or a "URL". If posting from your computer, use the "paper clip" and that will allow you to navigate to the pictures you have and upload them as an attachment. Put the position of the pointer past your text so the pic doesn't chop you post in half. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts