Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the UK and passed my test about one month ago, because of my age I was able to do a Direct Access (DAS) course to obtain an unrestricted category A license. I failed my first test (left an indicator on), but passed my second.

I bought my clothing and first bike two weeks ago and I collected the bike on Saturday.

I got a 2001 J2 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja in yellow, totally stock apart from a rear hugger fitted by a previous owner. It was already Datatagged and I've had a Datatool System 3 alarm immobiliser and some R&G crash protectors (black) fitted. I want to get a double bubble screen.

I'm really pleased with it and am riding as much as I can when the weather's dry as I do not have any waterproofs yet.

I got Frank Thomas Strike two piece leathers and gloves in black/silver/white, Gaerne Shockwave boots in black and a Shoei XR-1000 Diabolic TC-5.

I found this forum via a Google search yesterday and thought I'd say "Hello!"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome MJ! 8) Sounds like you are well are on your way to biking bliss! Be sure to post some pics when you have an opportunity.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken said:
Welcome MJ! 8) Sounds like you are well are on your way to biking bliss! Be sure to post some pics when you have an opportunity.
Thanks!

Will do, once I get some.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome - sounds like you got it all figured out so far. Nice bike and gear.

D

·
Registered
837 Posts
welcome to the forum...have fun and come back often :wink:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
all decked out & ready to ride...welcome

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
MJ,

Welcome to the forum......Sweet bike and sharp looking leathers...

We have a lot of fun up here shooting the breeze and talking about Kawis!!!!

Ride Safe Ride Sane.

Heather

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
gear

glad to have you here and nice to see that you bought protective gear immediately. that is quite a sharp looking color combo, make sure to post pics of yours in the pic forum as soon as you get some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts