Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo I've been lurking here for a few months now just wanted to say hi.I just passed my MSF coarse yesterday. and went and got my motorcycle endorsement today. I have not gotten out on my own bike yet as I'm thinking I should wait till the middle of the night. when traffic is dead before I tempt main roads. I live off of a pretty busy street and I don't want my first ride on my new shiney bike to end badly. I work third shift any how so I'll be doing plenty of night ridding.
The MSF was very fun but the little cb125t I rode was soo light it was actualy pretty fun the way I could just wipit around but the poor little bike was struggling under me I'm a big guy 290lbs but I almost wish I would of waited to buy my first bike until after I had the class I might of just got a Vulcan 500 to rip around on lol. But I'm sure I'll get used to my 900 in no time just want to take it slow and smart my goal is to stay alive cruise and have fun in a safe enjoyable way

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
You're approach is the right approach, and you're right... you'll get used to the 900 in no time. The 500 might have been a tad small for your frame. ;) I'm 6'3" and 260lbs, and the 900 is just a touch short of "just right", although I have a feeling that I'd make any bike look a little small. :p Welcome to the forums!

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of 2 wheels. I hope both bring you lots of happiness. Now for the bad part. You failed. First post and not a picture of said ride. How do we really know you actually have a motorcycle? Ok just pulling your chain but we do like pictures here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some Pics (i hope) Yeah I am sure a Vulcan 500 would be to small but those little bikes at the MSF were fun! I might look into getting a dual sport sometime down the road as a stable mate for my Vulcan 900 Just somthing i can jump on RIP IT UP hell you even get more rep by dinging and scratching them up lol

Attachments

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Welcome to the asylum and to motoring! Pretty bike! I love the burnt orange 900s. Have fun!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're approach is the right approach, and you're right... you'll get used to the 900 in no time. The 500 might have been a tad small for your frame. ;) I'm 6'3" and 260lbs, and the 900 is just a touch short of "just right", although I have a feeling that I'd make any bike look a little small. :p Welcome to the forums!
6'3 260 ?LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts