Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Rok'n'Rol
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just rode this bad boy home today.. it is awesome not to have to feel like I'm getting out of everyone's way on the litte Suzuki GZ250 I just moved up from!

I'm convinced I made the best choice having ridden or at least looked at several other options in this range...

Yamaha V Star 950 -
Easy and comfortable to ride.. But the best way I can describe it is that it feels as though tank, frame, fenders and engine are each shaking independently as if not really tightly connected together. Shifting also resulted in a loud ker-KLUNK sort of a sound.

Suzuki M50 -
Very well put together, and silky, much like the VN900. But, the riding position reminds me too much of my mountain bike.. I feel like I'm sitting way up off the ground, leaning forward and down onto the handlebars when riding it. No, thanks.

Suzuki C50 -
Didn't ride.. but felt top-heavy and w/ bland styling.

Honda Shadow Spirit ( '08 ) -
1. Hard-mounted engine (can ya FEEL IT!!?)
2. Carbureted (work de choke)
3. No fuel gauge (work de fuel switch)
4. Next!

Vulcan 900 Custom -
Fuel injected, fuel gauge, comfortable riding position, EASY to maneuver.. (& that's moving up from a 300lb 250cc bike). Feels tight, controls are smooth as silk. Rubber mounted engine. And on top of all that, for around the same price as all the others, the killer black-out treatment. In other words, utter and complete perfection!

:mrgreen:

·
Limiter Junkie
187 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the new ride! Looks good! I just got a 1600 Classic March 21st and love it also. Better for the money than all the rest!;-)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I really like the blackout treatment. I'm gonna have a hard time selling my 900 now.

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You're going to like hanging out here. Everyone is helpful and this place a huge conglomeration of knowledge and advice for everything Kawasaki. You got it right on the first post too by including the pictures!

·
You bought a WHAT?!!
1,503 Posts
Great bike! And you posted pics without the usual harrassment!! My only question is....What the heck can you do for mods? It's got it all. I know...debadge, change the saddle, turn to the darkside...nah...leave it the way it is!!! Welcome to the forum.

·
Rok'n'Rol
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great bike! And you posted pics without the usual harrassment!! My only question is....What the heck can you do for mods? It's got it all. I know...debadge, change the saddle, turn to the darkside...nah...leave it the way it is!!! Welcome to the forum.
I thought I'd chrome it out! LMAO!!!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome to the planet Vulcan... I mean, I come in peace... or is that U?...
I mean... welcome to the forum. (Are we back in Rome again?) :biggrin:

You started out just right with photos!!! Keep them coming.

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I just went through the same process and decided on the 900 for many of the same reasons. I have already put a couple thousand miles on mine! lol

You will like the forum, there are lots and lots of people riding the same bike or similar and lots of good advice.

Take care,
Robert

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
greetings!

and a great looking bike it is too :biggrin:

welcome to da nut house

·
Beach invasions by appt.
95 Posts
Welcome aboard! Happy motoring and keep the shiny (umm..well kind of) side up! I like the look of the blacked out Custom, I might have gone for it if it was offered in '07.

·
see ya Thursday
279 Posts
That thing look sweet love the black out and the red head covers. Wecome the the kawaski cult forum ( thats what my wife call this forum lol)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Beautiful ride boss congrats! When I got my 900 I wanted the SE, but the price was a little too much for the accents given. Still think they're **** sexy.

Enjoy and ride safe!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts