Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this site...

I had never riden a mc before Jan, when I took MSF, got my license, and went out and bought a new 04 Vulcan 500.

I purchased this little cruiser for basic commuter trasnportation (20 mile round trip down rural hwys). I needed some power to cruise 60-70mph and if required pass on 2 lane roadways, but being a new rider I needed a very forgiving mc -and money was a big issue for me ! This Vulcan 500 has filled the bill perfectly thus far.

And the recent spike in gas prices has made my 55mpg Vulcan even more useful :D For folks on a budget, or folks feeling the pinch from that gas-o-holic SUV (like my Explorer), they should put a Vulcan 500 in that garage for "lunch pail -do the job" type driving... :wink:

Almost forgot... here's some 9 pics of my humble Vulcan 500

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~mthompson61/

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
WELCOME

PLATO, Nice to have another Forum member! There are some other 500 poeple on board....if you have the time fill in your profile, so that we know what you do etc, your hobbies,,,and it makes relating things easier if you know something about the other person and not only what they do but what their hobbies are...

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Welcome to the forums, glad to see you. I hear what your saying, gas is getting high over here in detroit too, now its up to 2.20 a gallon, I hope it comes down, I can't go ANYWHERE. have fun with the forums and happy riding

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
MILES

Plato, that is COOL! I hope that you are keeping very acurate records...someday you will go back and reread them and see your words and the mileage and it will bring back the moment in time for you...Really happy to hear a milestone from you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts