Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can shed light on my problem. I have a 1995 ZX-11, just finished installing a new jet kit from Factory pro tuning, the problem I have now is a hard starting engine, and an extremely lean air/fuel mixture. Do I start changing pilot jets or will an adjustment of the pilot needle be enough. If the needle adjustment will correct the problem do I turn it in or out to make it richer? Right now my headers are glowing red @ 4000rpm.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I'd say look at several things. Float height is important along with air/fuel mixture.

turning it out will richen the mixture, screwing it in will lean it up. if your headers are glowing red you might need bigger pilot jets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freakinout said:
I'd say look at several things. Float height is important along with air/fuel mixture.

turning it out will richen the mixture, screwing it in will lean it up. if your headers are glowing red you might need bigger pilot jets.
I have set my float height to 16mm, my needle adjustment is set on the second notch, according to the kit instructions. My current pilot setting is two turns out on all carbs.
Do the pilot needles control air or raw fuel. If I turn them out even more would that not allow even nore air instead of fuel, (leaner)? I have already sync'd the carbs.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
HRD2CATCH said:
Freakinout said:

I have set my float height to 16mm, my needle adjustment is set on the second notch, according to the kit instructions. My current pilot setting is two turns out on all carbs.
Do the pilot needles control air or raw fuel. If I turn them out even more would that not allow even nore air instead of fuel, (leaner)? I have already sync'd the carbs.
\

pilot jets control fuel intake. there should be 4 pilot jets and you can only adjust one. I have mine turned out like 3 1/2 turns with the air pods installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts