Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....name is BEN but when I type alot of times I get dyslexic....thus BNE...so it kinda stuck..its short for Bennie...At any rate I have owned alot of bikes over the past 20 years or so...mostly Yamahas...I wont delve too deeply into bikes other than Kawasakis' as I dont know what the proper protocol is for discussing "other"bikes......however I have owned an Original first year Ninja 900...1984 Red as pic'd in my avatar....way cool ride....I bought it in the early '90's and it still would turn heads whereever I went on it...the original Darth Vader Bike... LOL..it was a blast to ride and had tons of power to put the front tire up there abt 12 noon..so to say.Plus it was a great bike on the twisty rides I took in NH...many yrs ago...but it was not a great long distance tourer and that was where my preferences evolved to...I have a thing for large displacement bikes..mainly anything from 1100cc and up...but as a kid and then a college student I always rode machines that were bigger than I had business riding for a beginner.I learned to ride on an old 1970's Yamaha Heirtage Special 650...not only was it big...the owner who was teaching me on it had the bike's front forked raked out chopper style...and the stock clutch was replaced with a "Shotgun" clutch...thats where the clutch has no easy friction point..it means you have to rev the bike high enough not to stall it when you let go of the clutch.No friction easing of the engine into the gear means that either the clutch is in or it is out ...and when you do it right its like being shot out of a gun and you better hang on too...great fun but really not for beginners...but I loved it and went on to take that bike for a long ride or two out of town...which was Tucson back in the mid 70's...yeah i'm an oldie..baby boomer still boomin along:biggrin: I love all M/C's and currently own a '81 Yamaha XS1100SH,'82 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim and a '95 Honda ST1100.No Kawasaki yet but I do like the new Connie-14..what a freakin rocket with 145 RWHP!Lokks like a Ninja on steroids...ok enough ramblin...its nice to be here....BNE

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome! I used to be stationed in NJ at McGuire AFB. I HATED New Jersey at first, but it really grew on me in the years I was there. When I left, I really loved it. If I ever get sent back there, I wouldn't complain! I bought my first motorcycle out there too! NJ is an awesome place to ride.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! Where are you now and do you have any bike pics?

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another fellow Jerseyan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try to get some pix up

Your server looks familiar but still my pics are too big so i will downsize them a little and see what we get.....;) the 1st pic is my '95 Honda ST1100 "Red Queen"

Attachments

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Welcome Ben, sweet looking ride!

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Welcome, Ben. It must be great to own the bike that set the world on fire -at least I remember it setting Texas on fire.

As for talking about other brands of bikes -I think all bikes and riders are welcome here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I cant seem to resize my pics to where you could see them LOL and I seem to have ruined one of my fave pics :frown:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome, Ben. It must be great to own the bike that set the world on fire -at least I remember it setting Texas on fire.

As for talking about other brands of bikes -I think all bikes and riders are welcome here.
Thanks fretbuzz...I imagine you mean Darth Vader LOL....I dont have this one anymore...I should have kept it just for the collectability of it but alas...not enuf space to keep it...and my taste in Sport Bikes has evolved into Sport/Tour machines for the LD rides...:cool:

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Thanks fretbuzz...I imagine you mean Darth Vader LOL....I dont have this one anymore...I should have kept it just for the collectability of it but alas...not enuf space to keep it...and my taste in Sport Bikes has evolved into Sport/Tour machines for the LD rides...:cool:
Shoot -I wish I'd have kept every bike I ever had.:cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok I think I may have found it...

Lets see if this works ...since I have pics on Photobucket ...
OHHH YESSS ok that is my '82 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim "MadMax" this next pic is my '81 Yamaha XS1100 "Streetfighter"
Yesss Here you go...glad to have finally figured it out DUH:lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome, nice bikes.

Thanks for sharing pics. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome, nice bikes.

Thanks for sharing pics. :D
No problem:biggrin: My pleasure....I am actually looking for some ZRX1100 carbs to upgrade my '82 XJ1100 with.They should be 36mm and I have heard of other XJ/XS owners who have made the swap...anybody know where I could find a set?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts