Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I was looking for some opinions of fellow kawasaki owners. Next weekend I am taking a motorcycle driving course and will probably buy a bike in the next couple of weeks.
Do you think 2002 zx-6 or a 2003 636 would be a good first bike. I love these bikes and I want to buy something I will keep for a while.

·
Registered
837 Posts
sure...if it fits you and you are comfortable setting on it :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome aboard dream :wink:

ride safe!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Welcome!!! :)
Awesome your taking the course "before" you buy the bike!! :wink:
Get what your comfortable with, not what looks cool!! I only say that cause I wanted the 636 really bad, I do like the way it sounds and it looks....soooo...I bought the 2004 500R because its my first street bike, and its very comfortable, especially for longer rides, and I am glad I have this bike.....I am now going to "mod" it out and personalize it.....

This opinion is mine......just throwing it out there!!! :wink:

Ride Hard, Ride Safe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you determine if it was comfortably or not? When I sit on them they all seem comfortably. It would be nice to be able to take them for a ride but dealers are not that nice around here.

Do you have any recommendations on what I should look for when sitting on them?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I DREAM IN GREEN said:
How did you determine if it was comfortably or not? When I sit on them they all seem comfortably. It would be nice to be able to take them for a ride but dealers are not that nice around here.

Do you have any recommendations on what I should look for when sitting on them?
My biggest thing for "comfort" is the lean factor....what I like about the 500 is that there is a little bit of a lean but still the comfort of riding upright....for me personaly....when I was first shopping for a sportbike, the lean factor was intimatating for me....another reason I got the 500 until I built up my riding skills and got over the "lean" fear I was mentally challanged with.....
Again, you do whats comfortable for you....your riding skills I think will play a big part in your decision as well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
sit on it for 30-45 minutes, I know it seems like a long time but it's worth it if you can get it down to 1-2 bikes you really like, and as long as money isn't an issue...otherwise get the most comfortable smaller one for best insurance :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome :) Glad to hear you are taking a course. You will have a lot of fun and you will learn a lot too. The 2002 ZX6 is a good bike. The Kawasaki NINJA® ZX-6 It provides plenty of sportbike performance, comfortable riding position, and an affordable price compaired to the 636. I am to the partial 636 because I owned one. I will say they are very fast and powerful bikes. The style is much more racy. The seat in the begining is very uncomfortable. The bars are lower also. It is something you would get used to, but it is not a bike I could ride for more than 3-4 hours at a time. Even though they seam like the same kind of bike they are pretty different. Both are good but different. ZX6 more comfortable, cheaper, more everyday rider friendly. ZX636 more power and performance, more money, less comfort more attention getter. Decisions, Decisions,Decisions! Good luck and do some more research to buy a bike that is right for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have sat on the 2002 zx6 as well as the 2003 636. The 2002 did feel like it would be better for everyday riding but I'm also looking for a fun "toy". Can you guys suggest some other places to research these bikes?

P.s I saw pics of your custom paint job and it looks amazing :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts