Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I was doing a search for Kawi forums and found this one. I haven't really been through all the forums here, but I wanted to introduce myself first. I've been riding on and off since 1978 and have owned several bikes over the years. I currently ride a 99 Vulcan 800 Classic and also own 96 Yamaha Virago535.
I'm looking forward to spending some time here and maybe make a few friends.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Welcome! Nice choices in bikes. You will be bugged until you post some pictures of them. Merry Christmas!

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
Welcome great people here but pics are a right of passage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll put a pic up as soon as I can get the things I need to hook up the digital camera to my computer. I'm not that great at the computer so it may take a while, especially since it is Christmas. For now though, all I can tell you is that my bike is pretty much as is when it came out of the dealership. I bought it used. The windshield was on it when I bought it, and I put a pair of Willie and Max saddle bags on it, it is black and red, has a small back rest for the pillion. By the way, my bikes name is Hank. I named it after the best horse I ever had. Just like my horse, my bike has given me many miles of great riding. I can't wait for Spring so I can start getting in some more miles.

·
Alf not Elf
3,412 Posts
I'll put a pic up as soon as I can get the things I need to hook up the digital camera to my computer. I'm not that great at the computer so it may take a while, especially since it is Christmas. For now though, all I can tell you is that my bike is pretty much as is when it came out of the dealership. I bought it used. The windshield was on it when I bought it, and I put a pair of Willie and Max saddle bags on it, it is black and red, has a small back rest for the pillion. By the way, my bikes name is Hank. I named it after the best horse I ever had. Just like my horse, my bike has given me many miles of great riding. I can't wait for Spring so I can start getting in some more miles.
No big rush on the pics if you need help posting them ask and a kazillion people will rush in to help you....

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your newly acquired 800. Hope to see some pics, when you get a chance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where in Florida do you need to wait for spring to ride?
Well, this has been a pretty crazy winter here this year. We have been getting some very much needed rain, and it is warm then. But a nasty cold front will follow for a few days, and there is alot of dampness in the air. It just sucks! I was riding my Vulcan in mid 30 morning temps this time last year, and rode a few nights the year before on my Virago in low 20 degree night weather the year before. This weather is killing alot of riding here. :sad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I live in port richey, close to St. Petersburg, im excited to report i can ride year round XD, when i get a cycle that is ><

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome, you'll have a lot of fun here and learn a lot!

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
See if your computer has a slot for the camera's memory card. I just got a new digital camera and dh was having trouble getting pics to upload with the cable, but the memory card came with an adaptor and plugs into a slot on the computer. They upload to the computer really fast now. Dial-up is our main speed bump for posting pics.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pics. :)

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Welcome aboard. It's always great to welcome a new member.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome Bman join in anytime there are great people here!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts