Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received 2 BlueAnt sets this afternoon from that very nice Fedex delivery guy. I charged them up, and that didn't take long as they were nearly completely charged from the factory. Then I linked them together per the instructions - kind of an odd multistep process - nothing as simple as linking to a phone - but it worked.

I had no sound in one ear piece but that appears to have been cured by disconnecting and reconnecting the headset to the main unit. The audio volume and quality sitting in the kitchen was pretty solid.

The main units mounted to the full-face helms using just the 2-screw clamp. The screws are only for loosening and tightening the clamp and do not contact the hemet. It looks like you could remove it all and not leave a single mark on the helmet.

The earpiece needed some careful positioning as the helmets fit pretty snug. My first attempt was not comfortable as the earpiece was pressing against my upper ear when I put the helmet on. Fortunately the earpieces attach to the helmet via velcro so repositionioning to a comfortable position was not difficult. The second helmet was a quick repeat of the first.

It was getting dark when I wanted to test the system so VulcanVixen, who has only about 20-30 miles of riding experience so far, opted to ride with me rather than ride her own (yet to be named) bike. Smart lady.

The system worked great on our short test ride. The volume appears to be more than ample for ff helmets, especially on the Nomad where the wind noise is further reduced by the shield. The system was easily operated with gloved hands and has differing tones generated as buttons are pushed to alter modes or shut it down.

Obviously I can't report on battery duration or maximum separation distance for operation with that ride, but will report those details as the opportunity arrives. So far the systems work as advertised.

I am looking forward to the next ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blue Ant Headsets (InterPhone)

BassAddict:

I just recently purchased this set also. I found it worked much better at slower speeds, although we are using open face helmets with a windshield.

My wife is a new rider and tends to fall behind sometimes. These units were a welcome addition and work extremely well. We took a 5 hour ride the other day, no problem with battery life. The only thing is distance and in a windy, country road situation, we lost contact a couple of times.

All in all, a great product at a reasonable price....:smile:

·
Cruisin above overcast.
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the reviews. I have looked at those and wondered how people like 'em.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
BassAddict, I saw your couple 1 liner posts in March about the system, but do you have any other thoughts since using it for 7 months now? And have you used it with a cell phone yet?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts