Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Nope!! Never seen anything like it. I think you'd know if your helmet was cracked or not, you head would probably be throbbing a little.:p

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
Man they use these things on the outside of box shipments that require gentle handling.. Never seen it used for this before. LOLOL

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Eyes

Nope!! Never seen anything like it. I think you'd know if your helmet was cracked or not, you head would probably be throbbing a little.:p
I love the title of this thread and had to comment similarly. ;)

I'd say eyes are a pretty good helmet damage sensor. When one no longer points in the same direction as the other it's a pretty good indicator of helmet damage. :lol:

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
The Shok SpotR folks tell us that the device is calibrated for the weight of a helmet on a human head,
MMM, I fell off the bike and the helmet hit the ground, should I get a new helmet ....lol

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Shok SpotR folks tell us that the device is calibrated for the weight of a helmet on a human head,
MMM, I fell off the bike and the helmet hit the ground, should I get a new helmet ....lol
Yeah it sounds like a gimmick too me. I've only seen these things on shipping boxes. I wonder if they make one for the human head? A paramedic could take one look and know if the cheese had slid off your cracker! :lol:

I would think a fall from a shelf for example would depend on what it hit and how high it was. I always thought as long as the shell wasn't damaged in a drop the helmet would be ok and in a wreck if the internal foam was compressed from an impact the helmet would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have never heard about helmet damage sensors before. This is something new to me and I am glad you have posted the link. I’m looking forward to knowing more about the helmet damage sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts