Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the worst designs on the Ninja 500R is the placement of the helmet lock, right over the the exhaust...I have burned my hand 2x!!! :roll:
I would like to place a lock under my seat, however not sure how to do so, and since is NOT a split seat, that could be a pain in the ass!!

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Suggestions

Take the helmet with you...OR strap it to someplace else...like the rear grab bar. Seriously, try to find a miniture Masterlock and see if it will lock to the handlebar in front of the control lever..

·
Registered
154 Posts
As the only reasonable, but expensive solution is to install 2-1 exhaust. That way one lock will be useful.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cale said:
As the only reasonable, but expensive solution is to install 2-1 exhaust. That way one lock will be useful.
I thought that would be the only good way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How are you supposed to even use the locks?

I cant even figure out how to use te locks for the helmet and if i could, it looks like the exhust would burn it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
gssmith, not sure how close your passenger peg is to it but first off you open it then put the two d-rings from the helmet into it and close it, then I put the top of it on my passenger peg just in case

1 - 12 of 12 Posts