Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a HJC XXL helmet that fits perfectly, would other HJC XXL helmets fit me the same, even if it was a different model, IE: I have an AC-12 and am looking to buy a cheapo helmet that I don't care if it gets stanky and stuff if I am riding home from the gym or something, and I saw some CL-14s for 40 bucks on closeout at ironpony.com, but am leary to buy them without trying them on. I have a monster noggin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had customers tell me that Scorpions don't fit the same from line to line. Meaning I've had guys own an exo700 then rush to order an exo1000 only to finally get one after the backorder and find they did not fit at all.

I've used AGV's for the last 10 years only switching to Suomy 3 months ago. Both of these brands I've always found to fit the same for all XXLs through the different series.

Some guys have Shoei RF1000s and X11's in the same size that both fit great.

Get to a shop and try that CL before you order one for sure.

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
Lucky for you, only bad accidents happen when you're wearing a high priced helmet. I've seen helmet's in stores you can try on, that were cheap. Or wear a headsock you can wash.

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
When ordering online, where you can't actually try one on, it is best to measure the circumference of your noggin and use the sizing charts to get the right fit. At least, then, you know it will fit, but you still may have to worry about pressure points from the overall shape.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lucky for you, only bad accidents happen when you're wearing a high priced helmet. I've seen helmet's in stores you can try on, that were cheap. Or wear a headsock you can wash.
+1

But I do see the guy's point..in his question - I have found that within HJC a Large is not always a large - but in some models, you simply swap out the cheek pads to make it a L/XL/XXL

Pads are like $10 for the set.

Spend the money. Get a duplicate helmet as cheap as you can ONLINE maybe and use that for the GYM runs...?

Dont skimp on GEAR tho...we need all the protection we can get.

:wink:

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
monstro-melon

I have found sizing within a brand to be consistent, just differs from brand to brand. Have others found that to be true?
I would say no. I also have a megamelon (filled mostly with gum and sawdust) and it seems like there is a big difference in various XXL Shoei and Arais. In my case, the really nicely-featured lids from both makers are usually a little too small on one axis or another. The lids that fit my heed well have crappy vents... Someone told me that one of these makers has a line called the Profile for those w/problem skulls, but I have yet to see one.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I wear a SMALL HJC AC-X2 offroad lid. Fits well in the cheeks, a bit snug in the forehead.
My buddy has an HJC CL-X4, good fit in the forehead, WAY too tight in the cheeks.

My street lids are Medium-Large and Large.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.