Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have allergies and they were particularly bad today. Two things I've noticed happening when i sneeze.

1. nasty visor (obvious)
2. I do the whole "shimmy shake" when i sneeze

How do you guys/gals deal with sneezing on the highway? Lower speeds seems somewhat controllable but higher speeds seem dangerous.

Suresh

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I do one of those pinch-mouth-closed-and-suppress it things :) Kind of turns into an internal sneeze that makes your eyeballs bulge :shock:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yea and come out the other end - its much safer :lol:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Allergies

I have suffered with this problem for 20 years. Either use non-drowsy allergy meds or get the cheap over-the-counter knock-off Chlortriplon formula made by Novopharm. This is what I use. When allergies start coming on, I use the minimum amount to keep from sneezing. Start with a quarter or half a tablet. Never take a whole pill when you first start. No adverse side effects and this will not affect your driving withe the above method. As your requirements increase due to the severity of your allergies you will not get "pill-fog" when having to take a whole one.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
837 Posts
have bad allergys..all year long..#1 dont wear a full face helmet #2: take my zyrtek like im supposed to... :wink:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i've found that wearing a bandanna (robber-like), helps keep some of the pollen to a minimum. it is pretty bad when you spew into your visor. i know where your coming from. Fulltilt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts