Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hoosier Vet
383 Posts
Anyone tried these: iASUS XSound2 Helmet Speakers

Or have you tried anything else that works well? Looking for something simple, light, with no amp or anything else.
I have had 2 sets from Chatterbox. But, I have some hearing loss and had to use a booster with them. Only problem I had with them was the first set had a wire break inside the insulation and caused one side to quit working. I think it was from the cable swinging in the wind and the back and forth bending motion broke the wire. Tried to repair but could not find the broken wire. They come with a springy, coiled cable with male jacks on both ends that plug into your music device and the other end plugs into the female speaker jack that hangs down from the helmut about 4 inches. Don't remember what they cost, but was no more than $50.

Only reason why I quit using them and went to ear buds was because I debaffled my pipes and the bike drowned out my music.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anyone tried these: iASUS XSound2 Helmet Speakers

Or have you tried anything else that works well? Looking for something simple, light, with no amp or anything else.
I weny to Wallyworld,and bought a set of small round speakers that had an earclip attached.They were 10.00.I cut off the earclip,and inserted them in the speaker piuch provided in my GMAX helmet.I did this for my wife also,and they work just fine.I use aMP3 player,and can hear it at all speeds.

Walmart.com: Maxell Stereo Ear-Clips: Audio

·
TEXAS PATRIOT GUARD
922 Posts
Tynker, that looks like a great and reasonable project. I just finished installing my J&M helmet speakers after removing them from my old helmet. Installed them in a Modular FF HCI helmet. Works great with my small CB radio, still use my large speakers for music. Had to go back to my stock Nomad pipes in order to hear my tunes. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts