Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a strong line in the world of motorcycling about helmets.

My personal feeling is that everyone should wear one. You will not even get me to go around the block without a lid on. I have witnessed more than one life saved because of them and that is all the proof I need.

Others feel that they are too hot, restrictive or generally uncomfortable, refuse to wear them and are willing to accept the risk of what happens if your head hits the ground at speed.

As adults, we all make the choices that directly affect our own lives so there is no "Wrong" answer here and I do not expect anyone to agree with my particular point of view.

Which side of the fence are you on??

·
Registered
36 Posts
def wear one... there arent enuf toothpicks to get all the bug juice out of your teeth....but seriously it is better to be safe then sorry...i know that if "just going around the block" means that you wont were one then you better only go 5 mph cuz the risk is just not worth it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
vorlon24 said:
In the UK it is law that you wear one.

If the police catch you with your helmet undone you can get hit with a £1,000 fine.
yeah its like that here in the US (maryland that is. not so bad in most other states)...i dont understand how it can be a law in one state and not in another...is the concrete softer in other states???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cameljok said:
.......is the concrete softer in other states???
No the inbred level is just higher :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

no helmets required here in florida-but i don't go anywhere without my FF nolan on the ole melon - the love bugs don't taste all that great either :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
the asphalt is softer here in fl.....thats why we have bike week and biketober fest! :D
all kidding aside we always wear helmets....even around the block. wouldnt be here today if it wern't for helmets!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
mbrubin said:
the asphalt is softer here in fl.....thats why we have bike week and biketober fest! :D
all kidding aside we always wear helmets....even around the block. wouldnt be here today if it wern't for helmets!
I probably wouldn't have my face right now if I didn't have one on. :shock:

·
Registered
239 Posts
They repealed the helmet law here in Ark. but I won't leave the driveway without it. Hot and uncomfortable has got to beat paving the road with your gray matter!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
kawboy said:
They repealed the helmet law here in Ark. but I won't leave the driveway without it. Hot and uncomfortable has got to beat paving the road with your gray matter!
I just can't figure out why people won't wear them, it is just so uncomfortable without one, eyes water because of all the wind, and who knows how many bugs my lid has stopped. I'd prefer not get a bug stuck between my teeth or anything.

Plus you look so cool wearing full racing leathers and all your gear. Its the only excuse I can find to wear leather pants. :?

·
Registered
167 Posts
helmet

When I first started riding my bike around campus to and from class, I wouldn't wear my helmet. :oops: My friends, including Freakinout, talked some sense into me. I haven't sat on the bike without it since then.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: helmet

triplesecman said:
When I first started riding my bike around campus to and from class, I wouldn't wear my helmet. :oops: My friends, including Freakinout, talked some sense into me. I haven't sat on the bike without it since then.
We were giving you a hard time so you keep your money in your pockets (tickets for no helmet) and to keep you head in one piece, although that woulda been an easier way to get rid of you, just show you how to pop a wheelie and get you to not wear a helmet :shock:

j/k garrett, you're a good riding buddy, you just gotta keep up after I get air pods and rejet my bike. :twisted:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just call me a Squid.....I love to have the sun on my face and the wind in my hair.....but I do wear it on the highways.....or when I feel the need for speed.....................

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hm...been ridin' for years (since age 8..am 33 now)..raced a bit here'n there, both dirt *and* road..and I've crashed a few times more than I care to remember.

In *every single case*, I had a full face helmet on. A few of those crashes could have been closer to fatal than I like, if not for those helmets.

My opinion? Helmets, baby, alla way, period, dot, end, and full-face, SNELL rated, at that.

Nuff said.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Squid !
sunshine said:
Just call me a Squid.....I love to have the sun on my face and the wind in my hair.....but I do wear it on the highways.....or when I feel the need for speed.....................

5/5/5
Most accidents happen in the first 5 minutes of a ride and/or less tha 5 miles from home and /or in the first five months of riding.

Unless you're being stupid Highways are the safest place to ride.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts