Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I'm required to wear a helmet, and do so without complaint. Since I would wear one regardless (and think most people should), I don't put a lot of energy into worrying about whether or not helmet laws are appropriate ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I made a deal with my wife to wear my helmet when I ride,but I would have wore it anyway because I live in the country and ride to the city and there are crazy people on the backroads and really big bugs.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
I wear a Full Face HJC AC-12 Kawasaki Helmet

same here, great helmet. have and AC10 as well, definitely a fan of HJC. i think i own 5 HJC helmets right now.

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
Just the other night, my wife who has around 30m miles on her bike.....dropped it for the first time. we were behind a car her in front and the car braked..she went into a panic brake, skided, fishtailed and the bike went out from under her....she rolled 3-4 times the bike skidded along about 20 feet. She has road rash on her forearm, elbows, knees, and hands. her helemt was scrapped all along one side and across the front sheild. her face woulda been scrapped down to the bone without it along with broken nose, and eye socket. It all happened in the space of one second so ya gotta wear the lids before ya get on...she's alright as is the bike. said it was an eye opener for her and i'd been telling her she was follwing too closely to cars anyway.

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
PS: never get too complecent on the bike...always keep a small amnt of fear in ya of what can happen if you screw up...and always wear the helmet...its saved my life twice and my face once (44 years of riding)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was wearing a budget full face HJC helmet about 7 years ago when I totalled my Nighthawk 450 (may she rest in piece). Based on the large divets and scratches on the helmet I may not have survived if I had not been wearing it. Best I can figure from looking at the helmet and scene I think my helmet hit the concrete curb, but it happened so fast I'm not sure how it happened.

Its law here in California to wear a helmet. I always wear a full face helmet, thats my choice, but I don't agree with helmet laws. I think all riders should wear a helmet, but I think it should be a choice. I recently went on a trip to Arizona and I was suprised to see how may people were riding without helmets. I didn't realize how many people would make what I believe to be a poor choice if given that option. Given the wide range of helmets that meet DOT standards I don't understand the choice to not wear a helmet. Still, I think its a choice they should be able to make. After all, I have talked with some people who feel motorcycles are so dangerous they should be outlawed outright, and that is certainly not a road I would want the government to tread...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wear a full face helmet all the time. I probably wouldnt be here if i didnt because of some wrecks. Grant it most of them were from my own seek of a thrill but oh well. Im in south carolina and if your over 21 you dont have to but most cruiser riders dont wear them and most of the sportbike community does. just an observation i guess. I dont think a car cares which kind of bike it hits though.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts