Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 900 vulcan custom and 07 900 classic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 900 custom that I just bought. I also have had a 900 classic that I still have. The issue is with my custom. Was riding to a doctor's appt which is an hour away and on the way the speedo maxed out and as I came into town the bike lost all power. I coasted into the gas station and checked fuses. Ignition fuse was blown. So bought fuses and continued to blow a whole pack except for the 25 and 30. So had my wife bring the trailer. When I put the 20 fuse in the neutral light came on real bright and then blew. I had read that the fuel pump relay may be the issue so I came home and pulled it off of my classic and still no hum to my fuel pump at all. Any insite would be much much appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Think I would start at the ignition switch and connector see if anything has melted , then I would be looking at fuses and see if you can narrow down the circuit that it's blowing by taking out and replacing fuses, must be shorting somewhere

·
Registered
07 900 vulcan custom and 07 900 classic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll check that and I know I was just trying to get it home at that point. I was 1hour away and didn't want to send for help unless I had tried everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts