Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: I dropped my husbands new Ninja 250 and now it will not idle when he starts it. And it is really hard to start. Does anybody know what might be wrong? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Wife in Trouble

·
Registered
5 Posts
My friend dropped his bike a few days ago because he was on dirt. It was a little hard to start for a few minutes and the oil light was on for about 10 minutes. But no damage. Tell him to try to unplug the battery for about 10 minutes and make sure the choke is on when trying to restart it probably has air in the fuel lines or something.

Thats my help anyways

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
DROPPED

I chatted with a bike mechanic today about the problem...he said something about the bike having a fuel pump that pumps fuel from the tank through the petcock...but if you drop the bike or sometimes lean it way over to far it will pick fuel up in a vacuum line and it won't start back up for about 10 minutes till the vacuum line clears the fuel out of the line. So I asked him if it gets dumped hard then...then you either have to wait for the fuel to clear or drain the vacuum line....too, if the line is pinched it will not release and the gas stays in the line...sorry about not being first hand...but perhaps one of hte GURU's out there will see this and say "OH, YEAH....". Hope that someone picks this up...but have him try the gas and vacuum lines and see that they are free flowing.... ALSO, he said to check that the petcock is actually working...because sometimes they break off and even though the knob turns on the outside it's internally broken. In fact he said that his is broken on his 500R...so he's been riding the Harley...(???)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

I took the bike into the shop and the owner just said that the idle needed adjusted. You guys did help me to worry less. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Dropped

:) Good for you! These bikes are getting all sorts of things on them lately, and one problem looks different from different angles...Happy that it was ONLY an adjustment...and Thank You for returning the results and not just bailing out on us, leaving us in the dark on how it was fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts