Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly let me say hello,

My name is John and i work for a company called Dymag, based in the heart of Wiltshire..(i'm the bloke who has to fettle the casts to make your wheels kinda smoooooooth...and its not a easy job..)

anyway to cut a long story short i'm here to ask a favour as i'm currently redesigning the current Dymag website for the company..(its very dated and will return with a brand new face and lots of new content..) some of the things we are currently thinking of adding are a forum/guestbook and a gallery, for those who have brought Dymag Aluminium/Magnesium or Carbon Composite Wheels or Composite Comonents..this is what we are asking, we are trying to build a database of all our products from the start (way back in the 70's) to the present day..from bikes/cars/prototypes and more.. do you own a vehicle with Dymag wheels or Dymag Components how much difference do you feel they make, would you buy again.. what was the service you received like, please remember we are only a small company in fact at present less than 30 staff and 8 of those are office/in-house designers/management, how do you feel the products are now compared to the products we used to sell 30 years ago..we would love to hear you comments, we are also looking for pictures for our new gallery which will be added to the site..

if you would like your car/motorcycle/race cars in fact anything with Dymag Products (Wheels/Composite Components) either post up your One (sadly this is because this message is being posting on hundreds of forums, yes its keeping me very busy :)) favourite picture showing the product off, the make and model of the Bike/Vehicle the Product/Wheels are being Used for, Your Name (Either Username or Real Name Ur Choice :)) this is limited to the first 500 People..

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post and we hope you continue to Enjoy our products...

Many Regards

John aka VWPowered
Fettler and Webmaster
Dymag Racing UK

P.S. I know some will ask why are you called VWPowered, mainly because between me and my girlfriend we own 3 Mk1 Golfs, 1.9 16v Mk2 Golf, 20th Anniversary 2.0 16v Mk3 Golf and a 1970 Beetle.. :) so like you yes i'm a enthusiast.. just my thing is Volkswagens ;)

again thanks...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
In the 80's Dymags were the rage. Lightweight rims to go with your racebike. To the average rider they are just a very expensive upgrade. To the knowledgeable sport rider they scream performance! Losing rotational mass is at least 2x the weight savings anywhere else on the bike.

Couple of reasons I feel your sales and branding is limited is your dealer network here in the US. There is none. Why I don't know. Support is minimal - I sent an email request a couple of weeks back and still have not heard back from you guys.

The high end sportbikers like Ducati Superbikes, Kawa ZX10, ZX636, Yamaha R-1, R-6 and others have gone to Marchessini, Marvic and PVM to name a few. Presence and branding. Your product quality has not diminished and you still make some great stuff ala Carbon Fiber rims. I don't need to talk to the factory if there are plenty of dealers trained on your product and can answer my questions. The other unfortunate thing for us in the states is that the pound is much stronger than the dollar and so it drives your prices up further placing their cost/value lower and less desirable.

When you update your website you should be able to purchase what you need with a click of a button and become a click and motar store. Drop down menus with purchase options and a credit card check out.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
adam is totally correct. you guys dont have very good customer service. it takes way too long for you to respond to peoples problems
i would also hit up

http://www.labusas.org

http://zrxoa.org]

i know alot of these guys have used your product but they have all bitched about the customer service.

:wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i agree with unit 12 and Q :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to hear that, i cant excuse it but can say that all our emails are dealt with by one person and he does get alot of mail..

like i said we are only a little company, we do have distributors in the US i will try sort you a list over the next week (my boss in in germany for the week) as to the dealers :roll: the new site will contain all info regarding what wheels fit what bikes and availablity times and should be easier to order from anywhere in the world, in the 80's Dymag was more into cars where-as nowdays its 90% motorcycle products, carbon composites are showing the way forward and afew swing-arms have been done (R1/Ducati 916), and wheel quality is better than ever..

am sorry to here about the customer service problem if it was sent to [email protected] there is a chance it may not of been recieved try emailing [email protected] with any queries and i'm sure he can help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts