Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the emission label for my 2001 vulcan 800A?
i went to the dmv today, and the inspector couldn't find it, and sent me away. It was pretty frustrating.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Previous owner may have removed it.
Normally, they are on the right downtube just above the brake pedal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took a look at my bike, and there is no sticker there. does that mean I can't register it? or is there a way to get a replacement sticker?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
You might be able to get a replacement through the dealer.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
uh? emission? registration? Does it depend on the state? I am in Illinois, and do not recall any emission test.
Surprisingly, California doesn't have an emissions test either.
The manufacturer DOES have to meet standards and certifies the new vehicle to meet them, but there's no test for owners or for transfers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is no test for me, but i bought a bike from outta state (NV) and the dmv requires a thorough examination by one of its inspectors....

the inspector was actually one of the driving test givers, so they got all this "high and mighty" attitude going for them. but it started to go bad for me when he was looking for the engine number, and placed his hand on my super hot muffler. "OUCH!" he goes... so he looked at the bike for over 15 minutes, and still couldn't find the engine number, and i was not having much luck either. and he tells me, "call the dealer, and find out where the engine number and emission sticker is..."

i tried to plead my case by telling him it's not my job to know where the engine number is, and he should be calling or asking for help from his peers... but nope, he was already ****ed about burning his hand, and he didn't wanna deal with me anymore.

I did find the engine number when i got to work later that day, but still no emission sticker. i'll try to remove the seat when i get home tonight.

thanks all....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts