Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. For everyone who has wondered who the heck I'm talking about when I refer to Keith Code I'm going to give you a link to one of the parts of the forum on his school's web page. One of the main reasons I'm doing this is that I found a lot of enlightening ideas about cornering speeds and entry. I know a lot of you don't care about lap times or riding the heck out of the twisties but Keith's info isn't just for racers. This article posted by one of the members has great things to practice to get those second's shaved off or just build your confidence through the corners. Wheather you're racing or just cruising through the country side I still think you'll find some good info here.

BTW, the article I'm talking about is in the 3rd post down on this particular thread.

http://www.superbikeschool.com/bbs/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=306&

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Keith Code's books and schools are very good for everybody, even the cruiser guys and gals. Everytime I re-read TOTW 2 I become that much of a better rider.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
pretty decent info to know. the biggest problem with cornering a cruiser is that you really can't just let go of the mental block on speed. if i lean into a corner too fast on the Nomad, and my footboard slams down, there are two things that could happen.
1. i didn't slam into the lean, so the bike just drags board and only corners to its ability, meaning i go into the other lane because i can't corner any sharper.
2. i did slam into the lean and hit the ground hard with the board, this caused my rear end to kick out and then i am trouble.

but, regardless of that, knowledge is the key to everything, so thanks for the link. learned something new for when i do ride a sportbike, or even a cruiser with higher pegs !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts