Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'82 GPz750 .. obviously I've overtightened the tensioner cap and the thread in the body of the tensioner cracked and broke!!! :(

Where would I find another tensioner body? I have doubts the local wreckers here in regional Australia would have another one just lying around ..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.. If I end up having to use an APE one 'cos I can't find a complete unit .. does it come with instructions on the manual tension settings??

(obviously if I broke the automatic one I'm not good with tensioning ..)

·
Registered
522 Posts
No idea on the APE ones chap but you shouldn't have a problem getting hold of a Kawi one from a breakers by post or don't it work like that in Oz??

I did that to me old Z750L once while on holiday, right ******* it were, they need a gentle touch them caps.

If it helps all the tensioners of the 750-4s (E, L, GT) and F-model 650s fit and possibly 1000J s etc

I've maybe got one if it wouldn't take a year to get from UK to Oz :mrgreen:

·
Registered
818 Posts
'82 GPz750 .. obviously I've overtightened the tensioner cap and the thread in the body of the tensioner cracked and broke!!! :(

Where would I find another tensioner body? I have doubts the local wreckers here in regional Australia would have another one just lying around ..
I sell manual tensioners - $43.45 US to your door in OZ. I've sold about 60 of them including three to Australia. Krieger Cam Chain Tensioners - with instructions. I will PM you with more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts