Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it gets a lot of spark bran new battery and all it does is turn overand it is not getting any gas now wats wrong? please help would like to ride it this year thanks. any help would be appreciated and thanks oh ya it is a 1983 kawasaki 440 ltd chain drive

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's not going to run if it's not getting gas.
With gas in the tank and the petcock on prime, you should get gas to the carburetors. Open a drain screw on a float bowl and gas should run out the drain hose.
You didn't say whether the bike was running, say, last week or has sitting in a barn for the last 20 years.
Are the fuel line and vacuum hose connected properly? Do you have the air cleaner installed correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not going to run if it's not getting gas.
With gas in the tank and the petcock on prime, you should get gas to the carburetors. Open a drain screw on a float bowl and gas should run out the drain hose.
You didn't say whether the bike was running, say, last week or has sitting in a barn for the last 20 years.
Are the fuel line and vacuum hose connected properly? Do you have the air cleaner installed correctly?
okay i did what you say i put the petcock on prime i unscrewed the screw at the bottom of the float bowl and gas did come out, and the bike does run i used it last year and i was trying to get it going for this summer, also checked if the air cleaner was on correctly and yes it is, checked the vacuum hose and yes that is also correct it is like it not getting any gas in the cylinders. anymore thoughts?, and i would like to say thank you for your answer much appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts