Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get my bike repainted next weekend it is a 91 ex500 the colors i have to choose from are black,red,and mettalic gray. How should i have it painted the guy who is doing it says that paint my rims, gas tank and the bottom of the bike red. And the fairing and the rest black. But i thought that painting the top half black and were it is white on the bottom now paint it gray.
Thanks For any help

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've heard some dumb questions before, but this is the killer. Of course it has to be red. Everyone knows that, don't they? Okay, okay, so I'm a little biased.

Seriously, though, I do think that red is a great color to use for most of the bike. But it is nice to get some other highlighting colors in there. I'm fond of wide, angled stripes and lightning bolts, and stuff like that. I'm not fond of gray, but black and white offset the red nicely. If I were doing red/black, I would more likely use red on the higher surfaces and black on the lower ones. I think that would look better and hide the dirt better.

That being said, it's hard to argue against black bikes. A little gray would look good on a black bike. Look at the 2005 Ninja 500R for a great example. They also have some white stripes to bring it all together. Kawasaki got it right on this one.

You asked for opinions, so I gave you mine. But pick what you like, and you'll love it forever. That's what really matters.
Curt

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Curt said:
I've heard some dumb questions before, but this is the killer. Of course it has to be red. Everyone knows that, don't they? Okay, okay, so I'm a little biased.

Seriously, though, I do think that red is a great color to use for most of the bike. But it is nice to get some other highlighting colors in there. I'm fond of wide, angled stripes and lightning bolts, and stuff like that. I'm not fond of gray, but black and white offset the red nicely. If I were doing red/black, I would more likely use red on the higher surfaces and black on the lower ones. I think that would look better and hide the dirt better.

That being said, it's hard to argue against black bikes. A little gray would look good on a black bike. Look at the 2005 Ninja 500R for a great example. They also have some white stripes to bring it all together. Kawasaki got it right on this one.

You asked for opinions, so I gave you mine. But pick what you like, and you'll love it forever. That's what really matters.
Curt
Actually black shows dirt more than most other colors.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Green Knight said:
Curt said:

Curt
Actually black shows dirt more than most other colors.
But if it's kept clean, polished and waxed, it's prettier than all get out.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kawasaki Colors

Actually, I like RED! The Red, White and Blue 600R that is on the Forum is awesome...but for a single color you cannot beat red. White, black, grey, yellow, just about any color will spice up the red if you HAVE to break it up...I think a red bike with White gloss wheels is BOSS. Heck, if Curt can ride a red bike and get away with it then all of us should!!! JK! Red stands out almost as much as a yellow bike. Black sets back in pictures and you don't really recognize the bike unless it has chrome lettering or Gold letttering. Black, the absence of color, is still nice if you want to clean and it is a pain if you get a rock chip or a scratch it is really noticable. White definately requires some attention but it is just to plain fo r a complete bike. Red...is an awesome color, and no matter waht your secondary color is, or isn't, it still looks great!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hehe, I've owned a red car... didn't like the attention. Owned a black truck, hated keeping it clean all the time. Owned a white car, that was easy so was a grey or silver one. I'd go with white or grey metallic or a combination of the two. That's just my personal preference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lund_Dude said:
What do they charge you for a paint <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> like that? Just curious.
I get it done for free a guy i work with paints cars so he said just buy the paint and supplies and he would do it but i have to do most of the work.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
COLOR

Getting a color that will get cars, trucks anything on the roads to seee you is the idea behind most paint jobs. Camofalge works great at not having you recognized as a shape, an optical illusion...Red, green, yellow, orange...things that get you seen even...like LED's that are brighter, safety vests or riding gear that has reflective stripes or different colors to get attention...Helmet halo's, a reflective 3M tape that applies to teh bottom all the way around your helmet...you can also apply the tape on your bike...Glow-Wire (tm) is a glowing trim tape that uses very little current from your lighting...all this is great if you want to be seeen..decals on the bike, helmet, riding suits...all help ou and are designed to allow you to be seen. Paint your bike Pewter or flat black, wear the same color riding suit,,,and you are asking not to be seen...being seen is WHAT it is all about if you want lots of miles...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ICK

My truck(when my dad passed) a 1972 Chevy is what he use to call "baby **** Yellow" IF I end up with a Ninja 250R my preference would be yellow, but if it is a Ninja 500R, it would have to be the black! I'll still wear a white helmet but add some yellow or black decals that show when my head turns to the side..That, AND I believe in reflective (3M) pinstriping. My truck is out of commission, because an ex-buddy lied to me about working on my truck and I believed him for 3 years...so I need the bed back and I'll rebuild it myself. Then I can legally drive it on the road again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts