Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently damaged my pedal shifter in an "oops" and now I can't seem to find a replacement part. I thought I had all OEM parts, but turns out I don't.

Can anyone identify this part? I've included notes in the photo identifying the damaged parts.

The bike is a 2004 Vulcan 800 (VN800-A10

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I did not pay attention to the actual part and replied with a half mind. Now, trying to delete my reply but can't. Therefore, this is my deletion.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I recently damaged my pedal shifter in an "oops" and now I can't seem to find a replacement part. I thought I had all OEM parts, but turns out I don't.

Can anyone identify this part? I've included notes in the photo identifying the damaged parts.

The bike is a 2004 Vulcan 800 (VN800-A10

Thanks!

Looks like Jardine controlls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do look like Jardine controls, but I can't seem to find a match. The right side is fine and my goal is to just replace the damaged parts shown in the photo.

Hopefully someone has seen these before...

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Those are Mapam forward controls. The part number is KM2041PVN8 and available lots of places.

Good luck...

·
Hoosier Vet
383 Posts
Don't worry about replacing it, bend it straight, and don't worry about the scuff. It adds character to the bike. Besides, you are probably the only one that will ever notice it or care, and even if somone else does notice, who cares, they won't!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yea I'm with Turtle. Carefully bend straight. As for the other part if the scraped up thing bugs ya, Try some emory cloth and gradualy get finer and sort of sand it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts