Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guyz..
here a question is keeping me awake nights.

I just fixed the engine of a motorcycle 900cc (some problems on the bearing rods) , the moment we put the engine back.. and the clutch, here what happens..

If i press the clutch lever the engine runs freeley But if i release the lever the clutch get so tight that engine doesnt run and actually it turns the bike off.

My mechanic checked the clutch discs and nut like thousand times and he still doenst know what the heck is the problem.. .

We dont know if thats normal because the engine is just restored and thight or What..

everything seems to be in the place!

any idea /help would be Really appreciated.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
What model bike? Does the engine shut down like you turned the key off or is it lugging down like there's a load on the engine?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a cbr900rr 1995.

I asked that to my mechanic like 10 times and he assured to me is not electrical he said is clutch.. =/.

We actually made th etest without one dics, and then it realeases fine.. its like it has too much pressure .. but the number of discs are correct.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by the way the bike smokes a Lot it wasnt like that before =( even cilinders seemed very scratched.. but before wasnt smoking. i dont know if this has somethign to do..

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You split the engine cases for the rod bearing work?
yes, i mean just the neccesary part ,. the problem wasnt on the reod were the bearing rods..

im seeing now that when i not use the pistol tool and i adjut it manually seems to improve... may be it was to tight?

but its weird ive done this same pressure in other bikes with no problems.. im afraid to not tight enought just with hand.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
I just don't understand how locking the clutch plates together is lugging the engine down. I mean if it's in neutral then the basket and shaft should still spin freely just like it does when you let off the clutch lever.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
If the main shaft is locked up, the bike will stall when you let the clutch out.
When you take a clutch plate out, now the clutch can slip and the engine will not stall when the clutch is released.
Cylinder wall scratches = oil burning every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts