Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a "mule 1000"... I don't even know what year it is or hardly anything else about it.. the man that I just purchased it from wasn't much help. it is "red" in color and has a "dump bed" on the rear. it is (I believe) a two cylinder, and he told me that it is a "four stroke".. I neglected to have him show me where the crankkcase oil "filler, dip stick and drain plug" are... and, I cannot find them... does any body know?...is it even a four-stroke?...can I purchase an owner's manual for this machine? Thanks for any help I can get.
ron wylie, [email protected]
(760) 728-6287 ph/fax

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your Mule 1000 is a 1988. They only made them one year. It is a 2 cylider four stroke engine. In fact it is the same motor used in a KZ. Service manuals are still available for it and parts are kind of pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am preaty sure they were built for more than just one year. I have an 89 model and a 90 model. For some reason I was thinking the 89 was the first year but it could have been 88 like Joey said. There is a sight glass on the passenger side of the rear end with the fill cap directly above it. This is the oil for trans and engine. Yes the engine is a four stroke. As far as the owners manual I am thinking of selling both of my machines if I can find the owners manual I will let you know. I also have the factory shop manual which is a whole lot more useful if your interested in that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am preaty sure they were built for more than just one year. I have an 89 model and a 90 model. For some reason I was thinking the 89 was the first year but it could have been 88 like Joey said. There is a sight glass on the passenger side of the rear end with the fill cap directly above it. This is the oil for trans and engine. Yes the engine is a four stroke. As far as the owners manual I am thinking of selling both of my machines if I can find the owners manual I will let you know. I also have the factory shop manual which is a whole lot more useful if your interested in that.
Jperry have 1000 how do I find the year cant find any numbers anywhere. Appreciate help!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The Mule 1000 was only built for one year, but sold in various states with sloppy license and registration laws as newer year models until the carryover inventory was liquidated.

It actually is a very good unit and the fastest of all the Mule models that were ever made, and that is probably why it was discontinued.

Go to Kawasaki.com and follow the Owner Info links to get the specifics on the 1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts