Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentelmen,
Recently purchased 07' and 06' 610s. 95 and 195 hours.
I would like to do general service, oil, transfer cases for front and rear.
Do I have to use Kawawski oil or can use other brands, which is best?
What is the capacities of the engine and transfer cases?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!
Palmetto

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
This information is readily available on Kawasaki.com, just follow the Owner Info link to the specification and parts diagram section. You will get a choice to load a PDF file will all this information listed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help !
Do you think it would be okay to use standard auto oil for
the crankcase. (castrol or penzoil 10wx40)
The engine crankcase is separate from the drive clutches, right?
I know dirt bikes have a common crankcase with transmission clutches.
Also, can I use regular 90w gear lube
(hypoid) for the transfer cases?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Use only the oil rated as the specifications on the Kawasaki specification sheet list or in the owner's manual.

For differential and transmission you will give it the kiss of death with 90 weight hypoid. You must use the lube specified to maintain the proper film strength to keep the gears and bearings alive: Front drive axle - API GL-5 SAE140 or GL-6 SAE90 Hypoid gear oil for LSD; Transmission - API GL-5 Hypoid gear oil, SAE90 (above 5°C, 41°F) or SAE80 (below 5°C, 41°F)

This same information is in the Owner's Manual, and if you do not have the correct Owners Manuals park them, buy the manual and read it.

There are other critical bits of information in the Owners Manual you need such as valve adjustment clearances, belt and torque converter specifications, etc., that require routine attention to avoid damage to the Mule, and to avoid some catastrophic failure that could injure the operator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts