Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey new to kawasaki world got this F11 for something to do I like old bikes found the oil pump was undone and bike runs good with no bearing nozzesas i have read in here you need to have the pump hocked up becacse of the right side bearing get no lube can anybody seen me some info on this Thanks [Buckweat or (Brad)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 73 F11, It's a great bike, very solid. You do indeed want to keep the oil pump hooked up if possible. The RH main bearing is oiled directly from the pump. You can however mod the RH engine case to allow crankcase oil to lube that bearing. If you can get the pump working though, use it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a 73 f11 ,the oil pump was disengaged,so I'm running premix .After reading this I'm worried about screwing up that one bearing.The pump looks ok ,I guess hook it up ,keep the premix ,untill I can confirm it is using oil.I read somewhere else if you keep it hooked up to the tank.disconnect the feed lines fix it wide open and it will lube that one bearing?(keeping it premixed).Any info would be great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.