Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get some help here?

After about 9,500 miles it is time for my first tire replacement on my 900 Classic. I have read every post on this site about the Metzeler 200’s on the VN900. Not once did I see part numbers for the front and rear :frown: . For those who are currently running these, what are the part numbers?

Rear - ME880 200/70HB-15 ???
Front - ME880 130/90HB-16 ???

Where did you purchase from? Prices? What about tubes? I can't find a 200/70-15 tube anywhere with a 90 degree stem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

William

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Can I get some help here?

After about 9,500 miles it is time for my first tire replacement on my 900 Classic. I have read every post on this site about the Metzeler 200’s on the VN900. Not once did I see part numbers for the front and rear :frown: . For those who are currently running these, what are the part numbers?

Rear - ME880 200/70HB-15 ???
Front - ME880 130/90HB-16 ???

Where did you purchase from? Prices? What about tubes? I can't find a 200/70-15 tube anywhere with a 90 degree stem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

William
Can't help you with the 200's b/c I went stock size on the rear (front is getting close at just over 15k). BUT, I priced the metz's everywhere (Inet & brick & mortor) and found that even though my local dealer was charging $30 more for the tire, if I purchased from them I got free mount & balance (unless you do it yourself - I don't, can't cram another piece of equip into the shop - this is a huge savings - around here anyway it saves me between $50 and 80!). Don't overlook your local shop.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you can find a really good deal on the internet if you know where to look. So far the total package cost straight from my local Kawi dealer is about the same as what I have found on the internet plus having them mounted & balanced locally. The dealer also has them in stock for immediate install. I just wanted to be sure that I was looking at the right sizes, and getting a decent price before making the purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts