Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a kawasaki Gpz 400R, drained out the engine oil as was painting the engine and the bike was left idle for 2 week, now that i have put oil again and the clucth does't have any pressure on to be able to engage a gear

I can only go to neutral and first gear.

Have got the haynes manual and tried all what they said without sucess

Yours advice will be very appreciated

Frederic

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure about the clutch problem.

The gear issue could be that your bike has a "positive neutral finder" which is a kawasaki design which means that when the gearbox is not moving you can't change up from Neutral. Its great for not missing neutral when stopped and going into second, but could be causing the issue you have. If you spin your back wheel quite quickly and you can then change into 2nd then that is most likely what is causing that problem.

I don't know if the 400 did or did not have this though.

Clutch wise how does the lever feel? is it stiff? no resistance? On the EX500 you can see the clutch parts moving through the oil filler cap, but unless you knew what they should look like I guess thats of little use. Humpf. Well thats me outa ideas for now. I've heard of clutch plates sticking so that the clutch is always engauged (always drives the wheels) but not of it sticking the other way. You may want to try tieing the clutch lever against the handlebar (fully pulled) and seeing if letting it sit like that makes any difference (but only in the absence of better ideas from someone who knows something about what he is on about).

Let us know what it was in the end! good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts