Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do I NEED to run my 92 zx 600 D?

I'm trying to figure it out and I THINK I have a bad ignitor.

In case your wondering I just bought the bike from a buddy whos insurance totaled it after it fell on a trailer. he was having electrical probs before. but now I'm almost positive the ignitor is fried.

SO do you have a wiring diagram for THIS bike (I have one for another kwak but its just not good enough)

and can you tell me what wires need to go where to maker spark, run fuel ... and anything else I may be forgetting... I'd like to simplify everything as much as possible so If I can just run 3 or 4 or.. well you get the pic. I dont want anything to work but the motor, no lights no on off switch ... well eventually I'll need one of those (its going into an older framed suzuki I'm thinking flat tracker...)

so any help appreciated I found this site thru google and some sun guy really seemed to know his stuff Thanks in advace I'll try to check back often and soon

O! background on me... North dakotan, custom zx 7r owner, current member of The ZX-7R Owners Club if you have a 7 check it out same name there

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Scanned a Haynes Manual Wiring Schematic in as it will probably assist you having the wire colors.

If you right click on the image and save as you can open it up in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer and increase the magnification or print it out and purchase a magnifiying glass :biggrin:

Have a look and see how you get on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that will help if its actually for the bike I have haha working all night and then realizing you have the wrong schematic... very frustrating

does anyone have any experience butchering a harness for race purposes?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
You posted 92 ZX 600 D ?

Which part of that statement was the ? for ?

Maybe we can nail down the exact model as the Schematic is for all D model ZZR's US.

As for a Butcher you need to visit the meat department.

There ain't no Butchers of Kwaks on this forum :eek:

Seriously look at the wiring diagram and decide what you don't need to run the bike and junk it and the associated wiring.

Also you need to decide if your gonna run a total loss system in which case you can loose quite a proportion of components and associated wiring..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont wanna run total loss, and I guess your right I can figure it out haha I was just looking for tips I guess and I can figure that junk out.

I'm no butcher ;) .. i mean well uhh... ok yes i am but I try to do it tastefully :) (look at my only other post or 2 at this forum I posted a pic of my 7)

nm I quit being lazy for a sec heres a pic

thanks for your help btw

HOLY GIANT PICTURE BATMAN!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.