Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive been playing with wheelies for a while. I can lift it in 1st and ride it and Im itching to get it up in 2nd. I would like to know what the best sprocket sizing would be to lift it up at 45-50. The ride is a 99 kawi zx7r Ive been trying to pull it up in 2nd and have only been able to do it at 30-35 just a bit low for a highway wheelie.

Frankie

·
Registered
613 Posts
What mods do you have right now? Without power/gearing mods it's going to be tricky (if not impossible) to power up a 7R in 2nd. I have a full Muzzy pipe, jet kit, K&N air filter, 520 chain conversion with -1 front and +2 rear and I can get the bike to power up a little in second, but I am working on clutch ups right now. 7R's are hard to wheelie because they are front heavy, but stable as hell in the twisties, which is why I love mine.

7R wheelie thread 1

7R wheelie thread 2

Hope that helps

Good Luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah i suggest -1 cam sprocket, +3 rear and a bigger chain.. which u will need. or sit on ur back seat, stand on rear pegs etc.. shift as much weight into the back. my 89 is gear 15/39 and i get em up at 40mph if i do seat stands

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a '96 ZX-9R with a -2 front sprocket, and I've been trying to get the front up in ANY gear just with throttle-twist, but it doesn't want to lift?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts